everything went wrong

GAZCO

I feel a right plonker this evening went out with the ferrets for a couple of hours this morning, Ist holes the smallest of my jills slips her collar[dig down to locate] then the next few holes bolt 7 yes 7 and get none from holes i had not seen on the other side of the hedge everything just seemed to go wrong, anybody else done worse than that before.............. i feel a right tit lol

Guest Magwitch
I feel a right plonker this evening went out with the ferrets for a couple of hours this morning, Ist holes the smallest of my jills slips her collar[dig down to locate] then the next few holes bolt 7 yes 7 and get none from holes i had not seen on the other side of the hedge everything just seemed to go wrong, anybody else done worse than that before.............. i feel a right tit lol

No not really 8)

Don't worry about it mate! :laugh:

I had one of them days on sunday. On the first bury we net up, I went to pick a rabbit up in the net & it somehow got out of the net and bolted. as I was resetting the net, another rabbit bolted out of a hole that was covered in ivy.

We then done a few more burys with no joy, and then we got to a small 3 holer under a shed. The ferret must have known there was no digging to her, as she killed the rabbit down the hole!

25 minutes later, out she came covered in blood! If I hadn't have fed her up first, she'd have been a lot longer.

On the way back, we tried another one, close to the first bury. Guess what? Lost another one due to a hole in cover that we had missed!

What make's it worse was that my mates 15 year old son who usually comes with us. went out with some other lads & got 12! Fair play to him, though, he gave me 2!

did the rabbits come from the same hole on the other side of the hedge and if you were by yourself and couldnt get to the other side then perhaps you could have give that bury a miss. Might be the ferret next time. rabbits have a habit of bolting from holes not netted perhaps they here no noise outside that hole and therefore use that one.

At least you wont make that mistake with this bury again

keep your chin up

Yes the collar was one of the new MK3 Deben things, i've changed it over to leather ones now looks like a better fit.

Ditto Gaz why wont Deben listen to people who use the things?

MK1 leather collar OK

MK3 locator great improvement but the collars supplied are s**te

Guest john2007oliver

I went out today and someone had dug up half of a very productive warren. Ferret in ... ferret out. Then start collecting nets and f*****g farmer watching me again so had to go home empty handed.

I added an extra hole to all my mk3 collars, for the Jills.

Dya mean a hole inbetween holes or an extra one on the end? I've got a small jill that the very last hole on the mk3 collar fits and could probably do with being a bit tighter. I think the collars would be better in velcro or some other way of fastening where it is fully adjustable and not just to fixed points.