Chicken Coop For Ferret

Thinking of buying a coop for my ferret outside . Hes in a nice size hutch in the shed at the moment . He gets let out and has the shed open all day but fancied having him on the patio in a chicken coop . Hoping to get company for him soon aswell so wanted something with a big open outside space for them to hurtle around , Does anybody on here have any coops they have bought that are good?

Ive seen this one on amazon . It looks huge but the dimensions arnt that great (altho i would add levels to the outside to make use of the space) . Only a metre high . Some of the reviews go on about the crap quallity of it but others seem to talk them off .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicken-Coops-Imperial-Wentworth-Suitable/dp/B00538JYYM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492464431&sr=8-2&keywords=chicken+coop+run

91WS1sqmPzL._SL1500_.jpg

Im starting to think of making one myself but im open to paying and buying one if anybody on here has any positive past experiences with chicken coops for ferrets that they have bought .

I got bigger version of that for our hob, i put a layer of bricks round bottom for it to sit on so timber wasnt on wet floor, few extra shelfs, hammocks an wat ever else kids give him when they cleaning him out, he do get out more than all jills an has run of garden a lot but i like these set ups

Did you make you own coop or did you buy one in ? I like the setup in that picture . I was just worried that the overall size * 203cm x 75cm x 103cm * .might end up being shite and its money spent that i would have to customize to make it good in the end

Na it was bought out a shop, im sure it was mother in law that bought it but never used it, my lad found it an declared it his for his hob haha its pretty much same as that un but run is extra section long, if its not big enough or ye want to extend it it wouldnt he hard

That look like it?

A1JoY9qDH0L._SL1500_.jpg

This is the exact one I have. I keep two hobs in it and as above they do get a run around in the garden. I put a ply bottom on it with a mesh section for them to use as a toilet, propped it up on some blocks and then a litter tray under the mesh as I found the design quite difficult to clean out easily. I also put hinges on the roof so you can access it like that. We keep them on the patio in winter too but just the other day moved then down the side of the house ( wife's orders due to summer smell haha). When I get back from work I'm happy to put a few pics up if you like?

ATB Kinga

• Like 1

I've got one that is about 4ft long and it was perfectly fine for my 3 with a hammock hanging at one end and a couple of scaffolding plank shelves added for more space.

They are now in a 7x3 bike shed which makes a cracking hutch - checkout the shed monkey website.

This is the exact one I have. I keep two hobs in it and as above they do get a run around in the garden. I put a ply bottom on it with a mesh section for them to use as a toilet, propped it up on some blocks and then a litter tray under the mesh as I found the design quite difficult to clean out easily. I also put hinges on the roof so you can access it like that. We keep them on the patio in winter too but just the other day moved then down the side of the house ( wife's orders due to summer smell haha). When I get back from work I'm happy to put a few pics up if you like?

ATB Kinga

Pics would be great if you got some.

Got the same for my 3 jills-I sat it on a frame of 4x2 like katchum said stop it rotting-hammock and a few toys they happy enough.I fitted a small sleeping box because the one ferret kept shitting in main sleeping bit .cost me 80 notes I think few yrs back.atb dc

• Like 1

I got bigger version of that for our hob, i put a layer of bricks round bottom for it to sit on so timber wasnt on wet floor, few extra shelfs, hammocks an wat ever else kids give him when they cleaning him out, he do get out more than all jills an has run of garden a lot but i like these set ups

I had the exact same 1 with the extra 4ft odd extension run.

And kept chickens in it.

I put screws about 10" apart.and 1" sticking out proud. around the bottom edge to keep it off the floor. piece of piss to hose out the run then without moving it.

They would be ideal for ferrets I think.

• Like 1