No just separate the coloureds from the plain mate .A mix of both usually has one type or another feather pecked to distraction .Rearing them seperate seems to alleviate this not stop it as they are aggressive little fuckers .Have you reared any before mate as you seem a bit at a loss on it all .If you are in wilts pm me and maybe I could pop over and look at your setup .You say you are ordering day olds mate ,they are time consuming and need a fair setup rather than 8 week old poults to wood .

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shcl21
      Im trying to build up some stock on my land and was thinking of making a rearing shed for day olds with a day shelter , my question is , is there anywhere online with plans for one and how many day olds will a fairly standard one hold 
    • By CharlieSlade
      Hi,
      I made this larsen trap a month ago to trap the magpies on our farm due to them taking our hens eggs and also for generally being a pest.
      I have placed it in areas where there is lots of magpie activity and it has been set off once or twice but never caught.
      Please correct me if I have any obvious faults in this trap which I don't know about
      Thanks

• By CharlieSlade
      I was just scanning online for ways to catch the first call bird, when this caught my eye. Is www.againstcorvidtraps.co.uk persuading people to trespass on estates seeking for larsen traps? It may just be me but I thought it looked as though the website is condoning trespass and going into shooting grounds to seek the traps? Could someone share their view on this please? Thanks

• By CharlieSlade
      Hi I don't suppose anybody in the mid devon area (crediton, yeoford, copplestone, spreyton, bow) has a magpie I could have? Thanks
    • By chorey juk
      Got a little wood not far from me and over the past couple year ther has been a masive magpie problem so decided to get larson trap out and in 7 days 38 magpies we're taken