Im trying to build up some stock on my land and was thinking of making a rearing shed for day olds with a day shelter , my question is , is there anywhere online with plans for one and how many day olds will a fairly standard one hold 

Before you spend time and money making a shed and day shelter , have a real good think . I don’t want to be a spoil sport but there is a hell of a lot to learn about rearing pheasants . You will need to be with them all the time to make sure they don’t get too hot or too cold . Too much day light and they start to eat each other . When to take them off crumb , foamy shit caramel coloured shit you name it . 
           You need to talk to a keeper and ask some advice , but don’t be surprised if you come away thinking that it’s a bad idea . 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kristina Dobbie
      Hi!
      I am looking to collect some game feathers from local shoots (Oxfordshire) for crafting purposes.
      I know eBay and other sites sell them but not in the quantity I need.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction?
      I am willing to go and pick them up.
      Many Thanks!
    • By Harry255
      I found. Two dead poults near two different drinkers.  There was a little bit of blood on a feeder near on of them. Both show no signs of be predated upon  no sign of disease. No discharge nothing the waters where cleaned two days ago but these are the first dead birds I have found in the pen. Usually I'd take them to the vet to get checked but the boss doesn't wanna do that  so are there any other signs that could point to a disease ect ?? 
    • By Harry255
      Hi guys just taken over a small family shoot and very short notice  pen areas pretty run down so had to make some new pop wholes with few meterials  done the standard box shape with wings either side and stakes driven through the middle for foxes plus a X wire through the hole in the fence  I didn't have time to make a funnel into the pen do  the birds can get out and indeed some have 6 7   tried walking them in but they where being thick  just got the birds in to day  would I be best trying to build funnels for them  or will it be better to leave them now there in. Thanks 
    • By johnsoma
      I've ordered so Redleg partridge, English partridge and pheasant (day olds). Can any of them be reared together? If not why not? Also does anyone have a magpie in the Wiltshire area?
    • By del1234
      Had our last shoot today bagged 9 birds its been a good season for us we only put 300 birds down and we have shot 181,60% return its our first season hope its not beginners luck