Hounds With Tb

Old news that dogs can carry tb, but the important part is where, if it's in the urine then it's a high risk to cattle, that's the problem with the Badgers, they pass it on through urinating on grass, I can't remember the facts but I don't recall dogs carrying it that way. Lots of animals carry tb, it's how they carry it that counts and if it makes it a risk of transmission.

• Like 5

the most common TB in carnivores is in the gastro-intestinal tract. cats would catch it from eating infected rodents, dogs normally from scavenging infected carcases. this type of TB is not as infectious as pulmonary (in the lungs). my guess is that the hounds have been fed infected knacker meat, an infected beast has slipped through the net and gone into their food chain somehow

• Like 1

I can't see it being too long until they stop hunts feeding fallen stock if they can prove that's how they got infected.

be very hard to prove though. very rare occurrence i believe there have only been a handful of cases in britain from what information i can find