Is Operators Licence Required

I have run a scrap biz for years and have long retired as iam now in my 70s ,and my sons have now run things . due to no longer paying cash things have not been so good for us , my sons now want to contract out our skip collection service , due to the fact our trucks is now needing replaced whould the driver / owner of his own lorry need his own operators licence as my sons have been approached buy a friend of there's who want to buy skip lorry and do the up lifts .

Yes is the short reply and if the bloke himself don't know that then alarm bells should be ringing.

Don't forget, now days in business, shit flows up and if he gos out and kills somebody in that truck and he hasn't got O lincense, documented 6 weekly R&M etc etc then they will leave no stone unturned and be looking to nick everybody, you included.

Found out to day guy needs own operators licence we have approached him and he doesn't have the credit or money needed to apply for operators licence . So we are now looking to get good second hand scania or daf skip wagon ourselfs ,and keep the old one we have just for shifting skips around yard . Or stacking them .