that bbs site

Guest bigredbusa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also contribute to the bbs forum forums are only as good as the people posting i have only recently joined this one but with posts of this nature essentially attacking other shooters i`m not sure i will cotinue we are having a hard enough time securing our sport without ridiculous infighting and ill informed comment

engineer

There are plenty of anti fieldsports/guns people out there lobbying hard to get our sports banned.

The last thing we need is to fall out among ourselves.

All people who take part in shooting, hunting or other field sports should be standing together shoulder to shoulder not bickering among ourselves.

Forum threads like this are very counter-productive. :thumbdown:

For fooks sake, lads!!

We are all airgunners, ain't we? We all need to stand side-by-side & united as one, especially in this current 'lets ban everything' climate :no:

This sort os slagging and infighting between airgunners doesn't help one bit, give it a rest. If you don't like the BBS, fair enough, don't go on there-but at the same time just don't slag it off!!

If a proposed bill wanting to ban all air guns comes along one day, we are gonna have to be standing side-by-side as we march on paliament square on our protest rally :big_boss:

Ben :victory:

I am self employed and poor so I only have a Hotmail address...apparently that makes me an inferior human being and fails to give me any voice on the BBS, if they don't want to mix with mere mortals then they needn't ask for my help when the time comes to march on Parliament.

I totally accept they can make whatever rules they like but they want THEIR CLUB!!!

It appears they do not want to stand side by side with me, right or wrong where is the empathy and equality in that?

Tragically this is the very reason the Government can walk all over shooters, there are so many fragmented organisations that refuse to co-operate with each other we don't have a powerful united voice.

Deker

I am self employed and poor so I only have a Hotmail address...apparently that makes me an inferior human being and fails to give me any voice on the BBS, if they don't want to mix with mere mortals then they needn't ask for my help when the time comes to march on Parliament.

I totally accept they can make whatever rules they like but they want THEIR CLUB!!!

It appears they do not want to stand side by side with me, right or wrong where is the empathy and equality in that?

Tragically this is the very reason the Government can walk all over shooters, there are so many fragmented organisations that refuse to co-operate with each other we don't have a powerful united voice.

Deker

hey up deker

i think that the forum where you have to have a special (paid for) email account is the airgun forum, you don;t need anything special to join the airgun bbs fora :)

john :)

Guest bigredbusa

oh im not slagging it off (yet) i'm just saying it's a bit cliquey .

yes i understand we should stand side by side but before defending another site maybe we should look closer to home . i just got called an anti lol

Deker

hey up deker

i think that the forum where you have to have a special (paid for) email account is the airgun forum, you don;t need anything special to join the airgun bbs fora :)

john :)

Whoops!!!! have I got mixed up...appologies if I have it wrong...I'll go and have a look!

Well i'll slag it off then.I was a member of the bbs for 3 years,bought and sold many items without probs.Then one of the clique made a comment,i pm'ed him my phone mumber and asked him to call me,so that he could speak to me, and repeat what he'd said,he declined my offer.I then told him he was a coward,and that one day our paths would cross,and i'd ask him to slag me to my face.I was banned.A large percentage of the forum are paper shooting,gun nerds.I have f**k all in common with a group of "gungeeks" and "keyboard warriors" :thumbs:

I'd like to add.. :) I've been on the "net" for donkeys years, I know how it all works, I like to wind some up in a friendly sort of way, you have to realise its only words, I like to chill out on the "net" when I've finished work (the care system, disruptive behaviour).

One fella I know on a fishing forum would call others."prikks" "turds" and loads of other obscenities :) he was just enjoying himself. The same bloke would give yer the shirt off his back and share his great knowledge of the game.

When yer met him he was a crackin' fella. :thumbs:

I uttered a few words in jest to one man who I thought was a friend, he hated my guts, constantly throwing his dummy out of his pram :cry: everyone else asked him what his problem was with me, he is known for his German humour, :feck: never got an answer.

I agree that some forums, well most really, are cliquey, don't like to see it meself but...not one person in all these years has ever harmed me physically and don't forget we all carn't have the same opinion....as long as you all agree with me. :laugh:

On fishing forums, I have found cliques are the worst where others scorn new members and complain at the least thing, feck them! just take a step back and glean the info through others posts.

I'd like to add.. :) I've been on the "net" for donkeys years, I know how it all works, I like to wind some up in a friendly sort of way, you have to realise its only words, I like to chill out on the "net" when I've finished work (the care system, disruptive behaviour).

One fella I know on a fishing forum would call others."prikks" "turds" and loads of other obscenities :) he was just enjoying himself. The same bloke would give yer the shirt off his back and share his great knowledge of the game.

When yer met him he was a crackin' fella. :thumbs:

I uttered a few words in jest to one man who I thought was a friend, he hated my guts, constantly throwing his dummy out of his pram :cry: everyone else asked him what his problem was with me, he is known for his German humour, :feck: never got an answer.

I agree that some forums, well most really, are cliquey, don't like to see it meself but...not one person in all these years has ever harmed me physically and don't forget we all carn't have the same opinion....as long as you all agree with me. :laugh:

On fishing forums, I have found cliques are the worst where others scorn new members and complain at the least thing, feck them! just take a step back and glean the info through others posts.

Spot on mate,well worded,and i can tell you've been on the bbs.If you have a look,youll find your German friend only posts in the "general chat" section,funny that eh? surely if you visted a gun site,it would be to talk guns. :whistling:

You'll find this place a lot less cliquey,still plenty of slagging and banter,but no clique. :thumbs:

I think we're being infiltrated by the BBS...!

One thing about the net, we still have freedom of speech. Therefore I can say what I want about Airgun BBS, and if you don't like it, :feck:

I am a member there, and never fell out with anybody. What I didn't like, was the way some of the pr*cks responded to youngsters who were genuinely asking for some sound advice. Now, i'm not saying that everone on there is a pr*ck, I got some good advice of some people, but don't expect me to recommend that site to anybody. That's my opinion and i'm entitled to it.