anyone out tonight!

i try and get out lamping every thursday regardless as its the only real time i get to lamp my dog but looking out the window tonight its the first time in weeks im thinking i might not bother and i am gutted on one hand im thinking go out and if i catch its a bonus and on the other im thinking ill be lucky get in the same field as a rabbit let alone run one and i just wondered what were other members thoughts on bright nights do you still bother or do you as some of my mates do only go when it looks right for it?

i try and get out lamping every thursday regardless as its the only real time i get to lamp my dog but looking out the window tonight its the first time in weeks im thinking i might not bother and i am gutted on one hand im thinking go out and if i catch its a bonus and on the other im thinking ill be lucky get in the same field as a rabbit let alone run one and i just wondered what were other members thoughts on bright nights do you still bother or do you as some of my mates do only go when it looks right for it?

It's a decent night down here tonight but I've got to work so maybe tomorrow.....

same here WB sick of staying in but its better than smashing the dog feet up the ground is hard as feck :wallbash:

The ground is fine up here,it's dark as well.Just a pity there's not a breath of wind.

I took Amy out for 1/2 an hour but the rabbits were really flighty :( As soon as the lamp was switched on they were on the move.Most of them were sitting close to their buries.

Amy managed to catch one rabbit so I got a bit of dog food and education and excersise for the young bitch at the same time. :)

Plus it beats sitting in the house. :yes:

i was out for 2 hours earlyer with the whippet first time she has been out with the lamp also had the gun there was nuthing in a field usualy holding then over the quary to another field with 2 rabbits but soon as the lamp was on the went over the top of a hill when we got to the top of the hill there were three but went into burrows as soon as the lamp was on . then of to another feild whitch had three or four in the bottom part and 8 at the stables at the top all sitting out the 8 were about 150 yards up hill the others 50yards the the ones at the bottom were of straight away the ones up the hill were just halflings had a few shots but the guns not set for that distance i dont think been taking squirrel with head shots at 20-30 yards so not sure first iv been out with the lamp in a few years as just sorted the lamp and charged a battery i was given . the whippet had a few slips but couldnt get anywhere near the rabbits and she never even seen one . nearly forgot there were 4 on a golf course same crap 2 shots missed they sat still but the gun must be out and the bitch never seen then tryd crossing the fence and they were off into whins . was a bit excercise for me and the bitch at least lol and the lamps spot on was given that and half a dozen batterys from a mate and its a decent beam on it so :D . ill be taking the bitch out with the ferrets for the first time on sunday and she will be slipped on a few bolters so fingers crossed.