[bANNED TEXT] guys bit of advise needed , council wanted to put yellow lines on my street to stop people parking near the turning area , i think a grumpy old man who lives on top of the street requested this , I opposed due to parking is tight at the bottom where I live and some times when you have family friends etc over they can park there and it's a total waste of council money and a opportunity for parking wardens to earn money. Now I made a petition opposing the yellow lines and got neighbours to sign , I got about 5 signature and there's about 11 houses in total on the street . I now have recived a reply from council that they will be holding a meeting on the 25th of this month I'm worried I'm going to be the only one there rejecting the yellow lines , now what happens if this is the case does majority win etc and should I get hold of a solicitor ?

just get everyone to leave cars on the bit there going to paint , and don't answer the door when they come to paint them , nothing they can do then , I've seen it done and there's still no lines two years later ?

The solicitor just explained what will happen at the meeting a discussion and points for and against the yellow lines I told him the people who signed my petition might not turn up he told me to write out a authority letter and get your neighbours to sign who are not going giving you authority to speak on they behalf write down what you want to say make a point of example may reduce property value, house are not selling on out street as it is etc most time he said couple of people rejecting it will stop it , he said ask the council to investigate it and do a survey on it before the make they decision .The planner will hear both sides and make a decision and will get a letter through post when they do . If I goes against you then it will have to go to court and then you will need a solicitor etc .

• Like 1

Brilliant news been to meeting today at 6pm and the decision to put yellow near my house has been over turned . We was the only people to turn up to it . I thought the old man up the road and other residents would turn up but they didn't. The room was full of committee members and general public discussing other issues also . was shiting my self when our turn came. I had to talk in front of a room full giving my points for the objection forgot to mention half of the things I wanted to say lol but it all went well.

• Like 3

Brilliant news been to meeting today at 6pm and the decision to put yellow near my house has been over turned . We was the only people to turn up to it . I thought the old man up the road and other residents would turn up but they didn't. The room was full of committee members and general public discussing other issues also . was shiting my self when our turn came. I had to talk in front of a room full giving my points for the objection forgot to mention half of the things I wanted to say lol but it all went well.

Well done! Good practice for if ever your in court :D

Cheers, D.

Well done! Good practice for if ever your in court :D

Cheers, D.

Haha cheers lads