Cocker X 100 Mph

FKOF

Alright lads I got a beagle cocker bitch she's only 11 1/2 months old coming on really well, only problem is with her so far is she's a 100 miles a hour misses a bit of cover due to how frantic she is. No sign of settling down and pacing her self or being steadier. My question is For anyone with this X do they settle down with age?

Edited by FKOF

Don't have this cross but my experience is all dogs settle down with age and consistent handling just my experience. Have a little lurcher at the moment far to enthusiastic for his own good, little Slt was the same in her youth flue around like a headless chicken second season different dog. Personally I would be worried if they weren't a bit 100mph in there youth tbh

• Like 3

Carnt say for the beagle side but I spoke to a lad of here who had trained gun dogs for more years than he cared to remember about a spaniel I had and he said some spaniels he had trained were like this at early age he used a rabbit pen ( old pheasant realease pen with couple rabbits in ) to steady them up abit as it's just age and excitement .. think there is a video on YouTube about cocker spaniels in rabbit pens

I noticed with our cocker just messing about he loved be asked to do stuff. So when he shot off call him back and show him a bush to check out he thought it was great and repeat lol.

Mad little sod great waste of a dog he would have loved a working life crazy though he is

11666949715_1b88a478be_c.jpg

on another notes its taken 3 years for my lurcher to really change and his getting better and better

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2

Cheers for all the sensible comments, she's my first cocker X, my beagle springer and my beagle terier springer are sound, the cocker X has been a lunatic from day one tbh, she gets out with a good pack and has seen a lot of graft for her age, so hopefully she will settle down in a season or two.

Don't have this cross but my experience is all dogs settle down with age and consistent handling just my experience. Have a little lurcher at the moment far to enthusiastic for his own good, little Slt was the same in her youth flue around like a headless chicken second season different dog. Personally I would be worried if they weren't a bit 100mph in there youth tbh

I've not had a pup for a long while pal, my older dog was a pleasure to bring on and was easy to get along with compared to this pup. I don't think I'll ever get a beagle cocker again. Beagle terrier spaniel for me next time around.

Edited by FKOF