Pups 2Nd Outing

Jax13

Well, I say pup because mentally it is!

Mabel is one of the pups from the litter rew bred from fly. Her first outing we bagged a dozen or so but she was bit giddy, this time she was a different dog altogether.

She had good positive marks, no false marks at all and holes that she bypassed and showed no interest in we netted up and threw some ferrets down just to be sure and there was nothing home so she is also not missing marks. All good signs.

First outing she was obsessed by the dead bunnies on the floor and just wanted to eat them. This time, she left them alone because she was anticipating the next bolt.

She didnt bother the ferrets, recalled better than she ever has in the past 15 months and was an absolute joy to be out with.

Got a little bit of footage on the phone which I've linked below, let's hope she continues to improve at the rate she has from her 1st trip out to her 2nd one.

She got a bit quicker on the nets as the day progressed and retrieved a couple of back netted bunnies from down the holes too so it's all positive, I just wish I had the opportunity to get her out last year as well (I only got out twice myself last year) ended the day on 8 which wasn't too bad, although I was expecting more to be there based on numbers I've seen with the nv

Edited by Jax13
  • Like 1