My New Rod

My old man bought a Hardy Shadow 9ft 5 weight. It's a tippy rod which sounds nice. I have 3 Hardy rods, a 9'62 which I hate. The 9' Sovereign and also a 4/5# 8ft Sovereign which I don't have a reel for...that's the rod I want to use the most. There are some nice little lakes here with brownies and sea trout, just need a little boat :D

Think I used Fishtec before, they're good as long as you don't ask for advice...the last intermediate line I got was a heavy sinker :D

• Like 1

Anything beats split cane and greenheart lol. Thing is I didn't know where to go originally and when you get a Fishtec. Catalogue through your door it made life easier. At the time I wouldn't have thought about America. However all's well that ends well. Jok.

My first fly rod was a greenheart :) I can still remember catching my first river brownie and rushing back with it to the cottage we were staying at.

I have Hardy sovereigns but they're old and anything modern will be better and lighter I imagine. My dad has a couple of Angels but they are very stiff and not good for anyone with shoulder or wrist problems.

I could really do with a new reel as mine are knackered and my lines are about 7 years old lol

Loop reels are good ....I have a vision deep reel which is good for the money ....for me I like a reel that really screams .....this fat lady can sing

post-88284-0-90461500-1481692801_thumb.jpg

• Like 3