I have to say again that I sometimes use a Swift Stumpy mod on my TX200HC when in the back garden and it DOES make a difference. I totally agree you cannot reduce the action noise but I swear that it helps.

Just over my garden wall are horses which have got used to me shooting and do still jump a little at first when shooting the TX with a mod fitted but if I use it without the mod.................they are off on a gallop to the other side of the field.

My dear wife has also said on occasions that the gun sounds loud and it is ALWAYS when I don't have the mod fitted.

I am not saying for one moment that it is quiet like a PCP but it is quieter with the mod fitted. I bought the Stumpy for the TX, would I buy it again, yes but only to help keep a little piece with out four legged friends over the wall.

Phil

I've never used a swift Stumpy Mod on any rifle Phil so, you may well have a Mod that actually works well for your TX200HC. I shoot Weihrauch springers and they don't seem to make a hap'orth of difference with or without a Mod fitted.

That TX200HC of yours by the way, is a blisteringly accurate springer. I was well impressed with it. Definitely a keeper if it was mine :thumbs:

• Like 1