Pellet Testing The S10

I popped back into my favourite RFD for something to cover my hands and face while out hunting squirrel and pigeon.

While I was there, I got talking to Paul, he runs the place and is a really good bloke. Anyway, it turns out that one of his favourite hunting tools is a .22 S10. As well as giving me the recent service sheet for my S10, he also recommended trying Accupells.

Until now, I'd tried AA Field, JSB Exact and JSB RS. RS giving the best accuracy and grouping over various distances........

(Apologies for the poor quality pics)

post-102688-0-74783100-1476606872_thumb.jpg

The real surprise of the morning was these ......H&N Hornet. They've always been shite in anything I've tested them in, .177 & .22 (Apart from a .177 Edgun Lelya).

I wanted to test Polymags but, they won't cycle in the mag because of their length.

These Hornets did well at 28yrds and, they drilled right through nearly 3" of brochures and into a breeze block wall behind.

post-102688-0-61412700-1476607470_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-52471400-1476607482_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

might have to give the hornets a blast jon :thumbs:

been out this morning the weather was sh!te so i didn't hang about long but the accupels dropped a crow no prob at about 40yrd

first time I've ever used them for hunting!

take a few out of the tin and give them a light spray of oil.. see if it makes any difference

atb si

• Like 1

Have you tried the polymag short Jon, they cycle in most mags.

Phil

The .177 shorts did well in my .177 HW100 out to 40yrds.

These .22s are standards that I bought to try in my TX but, they didn't do very well at all.

I might buy some shorts to try in this S10.

been out this morning the weather was sh!te so i didn't hang about long but the accupels dropped a crow no prob at about 40yrd

take a few out of the tin and give them a light spray of oil.. see if it makes any difference

atb si

Cheers Si, I'll give that a whirl :thumbs:

These hornets are nasty little things with their brass tips. They'd be devastating if they were more accurate. I've tried both calibres in a fair few rifles and, they're usually all over the place.

But, this S10 seems to have a few surprises for me. I'll try them at different ranges and see how they get on :)

• Like 1

atb si

Cheers Si, I'll give that a whirl :thumbs:

These hornets are nasty little things with their brass tips. They'd be devastating if they were more accurate. I've tried both calibres in a fair few rifles and, they're usually all over the place.

But, this S10 seems to have a few surprises for me. I'll try them at different ranges and see how they get on :)

those ftt i washed and lubed changed poi to the same as the pre lubed accupell :blink:

it defiantly makes a difference :thumbs:

not using me glasses at the moment, didn't notice they had brass tips!! lol

atb si

Forgive me but surely the hard point of those pellets is going to aid the pellet go straight through more easily rather than cause more damage once in the target which seems to go against the principle of pellet damage.

I do wonder if they would stop a fox with a head shot from my soon to be FAC rapid..................hmmmm

Phil