Time For A Change......

Until this morning, I had 2 very nice rifles - HW100ktla .177 & TX200hc .22. The thing is, over the last couple of months I've become very bored with the HW100. It's a fantastic, reliable, accurate rifle and, I've really tried to like it.

I took it up to my new permission last night but, it just didn't make me feel that I wanted to use it. It started to feel like I'd married a good looking woman that will only let me do her missionary.

So, this morning, I took it to my favourite RFD.....

Over the last few weeks, I've really started to enjoy using my springers but, I still wanted a PCP for night shooting but, I wanted something that I felt had character. My RFD is an absolute diamond - I came away with a BSA S10 Mk II in .22 with a factory camo finish. This has just had a complete service and, an HW97kt in .177 to accompany my TX. I think we were both very happy with the deal :)

I fitted the scopes and bits as soon as I got home. Now, I just can't wait to get them zeroed and have a proper play with them.

post-102688-0-36746800-1475855962_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-91725000-1475855975_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

nice one jon that was a right deal :thumbs:

the s10 looks ace!!

I've bought some sling studs for the tx.. I'm with you on the daytime springer hunt :thumbs:

atb si

I reckon it's the way to go mate :thumbs:

I've got me ranges all worked out and the LRF is ready to go.

I look forward to seeing your write up mate.

• Like 1

the s10 looks ace!!

I've bought some sling studs for the tx.. I'm with you on the daytime springer hunt :thumbs:

atb si

I've been hanging out for your tx outing :thumbs:

think sunday might be my first full on tx session weather permitting.. its the windy season up north :censored:

so are squirrels top of your list now jon?! lol

atb si

the s10 looks ace!!

atb si

I've been hanging out for your tx outing :thumbs:

think sunday might be my first full on tx session weather permitting.. its the windy season up north :censored:

so are squirrels top of your list now jon?! lol

atb si

It's been out a couple of times mate ;)

The last time I took it out, all I saw was squirrels arses at the tops of trees, hanging out from behind branches :rolleyes:

It's had a couple of woodies.

Work's been really busy lately but, I'm hoping to be out during the day on Wednesday. I'll write that one up mate :thumbs:

I've been trying to figure out how to get NV on it without wrecking the electronics.

• Like 2

ace fun squirrel bashing.. lost count of how many I've had in the last few weeks :gunsmilie:

can't help you with n/v as i don't use it..

but i wouldn't be put off by putting it on the tx, if it can shoot without dropping a pellet of the top turret i cant see it being a problem!

have fun on Wednesday :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

Had a quick zero session with these two this morning. I want to test some different pellets in both and give them a good go at different ranges but, first results are very promising.

I tried some AA Fields in the S10 and FAPs in the HW97.

I haven't tested the power of either yet - I'll get round to that in the next couple of days.

The 97 feels quick and snappy. This could just be because I'm used to my .22 TX. The S10 certainly has the character I was looking for - the loading bolt needs a little thought when using and, the rifle really feels like it's spitting out the pellets. It's very satisfying to shoot.

So far, I'm well pleased with my decision :thumbs:

• Like 1