The New Permission .......

I took the HW100 for a walk round the new permission today - the one that I got a few weeks ago. I spent 4hrs looking around and still haven't covered it all :o

There's a cricket pitch and pavilion in the middle of one of the woods. It's got rabbit scrapes and droppings all round the perimeter - we're going back for a look at that again tomorrow night :thumbs:

It's at the end of a 1/4 mile track and, it's never been shot before :D

They only gave me permission because I know the owners daughters. Requests are usually refused outright.

Today was mainly about exploring but, while walking through one of the copse, I spotted movement high up in a pine tree. I had a look through the scope and, there he was, a squirrel. He took a JSB Heavy clen to the side of the head.

He swung down off the branch but, hung there by a back foot for what seemed like ages. When he finally let go, he came down through the branches, dead as a door nail, and landed right in front of my feet :thumbs:

It was only when I picked him up that I realised, this was the first squirrel that I'd shot in around 20yrs. The last one would have been with my old .22 BSA Mercury Challenger in the woods back home when I was a kid.

Well, what can I say - it tastes like chicken :)

I think this permission, once I get to know it properly, is going to be fantastic. I've been getting very bored with my PCP lately - this'll give me the opportunity for some good day time forays with the TX.

Also, we bumped into a few people while on the land today - they were all polite, friendly and, not at all put out by the rifles.

The old girl that owns it all is a proper old money, eccentric type. Mad as a hatter but, very nice and genuine.

...... this is going to be a good 'un :thumbs:

post-102688-0-07223800-1475699215_thumb.jpg

post-102688-0-89821700-1475699228_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice shooting JJ

me and vis have the 6500 acres for a good few mths now and still have not covered it all yet

what with the factory perms and the other farms on the phone all the time we have not had the time to even try and cover it all if we ever can lol :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Jesus Mac - you'll need to move on site to cover that lot :o

David very kindly measured my other permission for me. It came out at 33 acres. I recon this new one is maybe 10x the size.

That's a conservative estimate - the land has some weird shaped boundaries that I have to be careful of.

• Like 2