Pure Saluki

Salukis are a working dog ,most coursing bred crosses are just that coursing dogs so the stories can be slanted either way. What I will say is in PreBan days a good dog would be put to any quarry on any land in any weather and will not only run carefully selected opponents .. Long range slips make for a better test of a dog .My method is if the dog sees it then it gets slipped on if its in the same County. . Matches because they were based on kills the game plans were different but for days out they should be fair play all round for hare and dog. As has been said the hare doesnt get into gear until the dog is bearing down on it so wizz bangers need shorter slips other wise they would be blowiing before they get on terms from a long slip. Some dogs have pace and wind but the clever coursing dogs know when to go up and down the gears and when to press when to hold back and when to strike you would see lots of the fast dogs over run and often struggle to get back on terms if they miss the first strike but it was all part of a day out so it was enjoyed i what ever happened. A lot of the bad habits can be directly attributed to the introduction of the Hunting with Dogs Act

I've seen non coursing bred Lurchers catch Hares from a fair distance away when out for a mooch.
You would have i ve seen the longest slips for salukis that most dogs wouldnt even attempt tp get on terms, its not a contest between breeds of dog, its dog against hare on any particular day no matter want slant people want to put on it
Not just me, the people I've been out with. Most dogs with anything about them would attempt to get on terms.
I know different about dogs trying to get on terms I have been out with lads on here who couldnt even see what I had slipped on. I rely on my dogs sight they pull they go lads realise after the ground is made that they are on.Im talking big slips not a couple of hundred yards.
Well seeing as though dogs can't see as good as humans you must have some canines.
What utter Bollocks,my old shepherd lurcher could catch stuff in the dark I couldn't see, same as years ago poachers didn't have lamps that advertised they were there,dogs caught in the dark and by moonlight as if it was small they retrieved to hand be it a hare ,rabbit or the farmers chicken.
Since when has hunting in the dark the same as daytime hunting.....
It's not ,it's pointing out that dogs eyesights a lot better than a humans!
How does a dogs eyesight at night prove it's a lot better than a humans in daylight?
Your just trying to twist it, you stated a dogs eyesight wasn't as good as a human which is bollocks ,
  • Like 2

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with most the input on these saluki threads is that most who comment have not even owned one, and if they have it usually stayed around year then bred from or sold on,   Cant run in smal

Ghostly Ease?, yea I see where you coming from with that phrase mate, when they flat out in pursuit they make it look so effortless, really graceful, a real pleasure to watch, kill or no kill, its the

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On

Posted Images

Salukis are a working dog ,most coursing bred crosses are just that coursing dogs so the stories can be slanted either way. What I will say is in PreBan days a good dog would be put to any quarry on any land in any weather and will not only run carefully selected opponents .. Long range slips make for a better test of a dog .My method is if the dog sees it then it gets slipped on if its in the same County. . Matches because they were based on kills the game plans were different but for days out they should be fair play all round for hare and dog. As has been said the hare doesnt get into gear until the dog is bearing down on it so wizz bangers need shorter slips other wise they would be blowiing before they get on terms from a long slip. Some dogs have pace and wind but the clever coursing dogs know when to go up and down the gears and when to press when to hold back and when to strike you would see lots of the fast dogs over run and often struggle to get back on terms if they miss the first strike but it was all part of a day out so it was enjoyed i what ever happened. A lot of the bad habits can be directly attributed to the introduction of the Hunting with Dogs Act

I've seen non coursing bred Lurchers catch Hares from a fair distance away when out for a mooch.
You would have i ve seen the longest slips for salukis that most dogs wouldnt even attempt tp get on terms, its not a contest between breeds of dog, its dog against hare on any particular day no matter want slant people want to put on it
Not just me, the people I've been out with. Most dogs with anything about them would attempt to get on terms.
I know different about dogs trying to get on terms I have been out with lads on here who couldnt even see what I had slipped on. I rely on my dogs sight they pull they go lads realise after the ground is made that they are on.Im talking big slips not a couple of hundred yards.
Well seeing as though dogs can't see as good as humans you must have some canines.
What utter Bollocks,my old shepherd lurcher could catch stuff in the dark I couldn't see, same as years ago poachers didn't have lamps that advertised they were there,dogs caught in the dark and by moonlight as if it was small they retrieved to hand be it a hare ,rabbit or the farmers chicken.
How does a dogs eyesight at night prove it's a lot better than a humans in daylight?
Your just trying to twist it, you stated a dogs eyesight wasn't as good as a human which is bollocks ,

It isn't from my experience out with dogs, a human will see more than a dog on a walk out looking for Hares. Don't you think this is true then?

Do you really think so ? Wheel out what youve got that you think may be pacier than all salukis.

So do you think a Saluki is faster than a coursing bred dog? Yes or no?

I said You wheel out what You have thats pacier than all salukis LOL Now you have gone off on a completely different Tangent Let me find some fishing line lol

Buying a dog that's quicker than a Saluki wouldn't be exactly hard now would it? Hell a decent 3/4 collie greyhound would be quicker than one would it not?

Dog fox your sharp enough to reply on here but you've swerved dropping me a pm to sort a run out. Now just seen you don't have a running dog, so il leave it there ,,,,

Bit of difficulty there, I can't send or reply to PM'S. I'm still more than happy to see these wonder dogs, roll my sleeves up and carry you over the fields though? I'll give credit to the dogs if they perform well.

Don't chat shit when you can back it up. You have been offered out, on my land. To see my dogs run I have nothing to prove yet willing to show you what they can do. Then you go back peddling out of it by saying you've not a running dog. what a shock. I told you I don't want a romantic walk with a dreamer who as no dogs. Bit one sided if I go out my way to show you my dogs run I'd av liked to see yours in return. Il leave it there,,,,

• Like 2

Do you really think so ? Wheel out what youve got that you think may be pacier than all salukis.

I said You wheel out what You have thats pacier than all salukis LOL Now you have gone off on a completely different Tangent Let me find some fishing line lol

Buying a dog that's quicker than a Saluki wouldn't be exactly hard now would it? Hell a decent 3/4 collie greyhound would be quicker than one would it not?

lol you are so funny my sides are aching. Straight Question whose pures and which ones have you personallyseen run on any quarry other than on Video? I was going to say PM but you said you cant so pointless continuing down this Cul de Sac

Edited by desertbred

Dog fox your sharp enough to reply on here but you've swerved dropping me a pm to sort a run out. Now just seen you don't have a running dog, so il leave it there ,,,,

Bit of difficulty there, I can't send or reply to PM'S. I'm still more than happy to see these wonder dogs, roll my sleeves up and carry you over the fields though? I'll give credit to the dogs if they perform well.
Don't chat shit when you can back it up. You have been offered out, on my land. To see my dogs run I have nothing to prove yet willing to show you what they can do. Then you go back peddling out of it by saying you've not a running dog. what a shock. I told you I don't want a romantic walk with a dreamer who as no dogs. Bit one sided if I go out my way to show you my dogs run I'd av liked to see yours in return. Il leave it there,,,,

What shit is that you bellend???

lol you are so funny my sides are aching. Straight Question whose pures and which ones have you personallyseen run on any quarry other than on Video i was going to say PM but you said you cant so pointless continuing down this Cul de Sac

I haven't seen any purse run in flesh and your point is? Are you willing to show me these wonder dogs of yours? I could say PM but that's pointless. Straight question yes or no?

About 20 odd pages of it there for everyone to see you pillock

Is that mixed with the pages of DB dodging questions like a veteran politician. You invited me to see your dogs, don't be chatting shit now and start dodging. If the dogs are good I'll have no problem saying so.

lol you are so funny my sides are aching. Straight Question whose pures and which ones have you personallyseen run on any quarry other than on Video i was going to say PM but you said you cant so pointless continuing down this Cul de Sac

I haven't seen any purse run in flesh and your point is? Are you willing to show me these wonder dogs of yours? I could say PM but that's pointless. Straight question yes or no?

Yes! you gonna show me your dogs work ?

Edited by desertbred

It isn't from my experience out with dogs, a human will see more than a dog on a walk out looking for Hares. Don't you think this is true then?

Wouldn't know I don't go out in daytime looking for hares,but I know when I used to go out at night with just a small pocket torch my dog could see stuff that I couldn't.

I'm sure if they were alive the old timers that gate netted hares would argue it ,over a pint .

• Like 2

About 20 odd pages of it there for everyone to see you pillock

Is that mixed with the pages of DB dodging questions like a veteran politician. You invited me to see your dogs, don't be chatting shit now and start dodging. If the dogs are good I'll have no problem saying so.

listen it's simple , The Fact you only said you had not got a running dog after I put the offer out there shows your a talker like I already stated. I'm still willing to run your dogs with my dogs. On my land what f***ing more can I offer? I don't need you to tell me how good my dogs are I've owned and ran enough to know my ear hole from my elbow un like a lot on here. I live and breath working dogs. May not lavish it all over the forum but belive me when I tell you I can back it up. Untill you have a dog f**k off , when you do have a running dog il gladly take you and your dog out on my land,,,no quibbles. I'm not looking for some goon with no dog to walk out , judge my dogs, and give his bullshit opinion. I'd rather see your dogs and mine next to eachother and see witch shines. I don't claim to be anything I'm not. The few good lads I know on here know my dogs, know what I do. It's fools like your self that think you know, when really you know fuckall. Jog on dreamer,,,

• Like 7