What sort of questions?

Hi I will be applying for my shotgun cert in a couple of weeks and I am just curious as to the sort of questions they will ask?

I dont want to get to the interview and be completly unprepared....

If anyone can help then that would be great :thumbs:

H&J :victory:

Hi I will be applying for my shotgun cert in a couple of weeks and I am just curious as to the sort of questions they will ask?

Probably why do you want a gun and where will you be using it etc.....its not really an interview (well mine wasn't) just a chat, he saw my dogs and ferrets and understood what kind of bloke i was, its just to make sure your not a complete loon really.

Probably why do you want a gun and where will you be using it etc.....its not really an interview (well mine wasn't) just a chat, he saw my dogs and ferrets and understood what kind of bloke i was, its just to make sure your not a complete loon really.

SGC is easy compared to FAC. The home visit will simply be to make sure you're not some sort of unstable nutter, and check your security for the SG, despite the fact that legally for up to 2 Shotguns you can use a ground anchor they will expect to see a cabinet so I strongly suggest you invest in one of those. Offer him a tea or coffee by all means but NOT a scotch, and ordinary digestive is fine, stay off the lavish cream cakes or they will think you are crawling...its simple really just be a normal sort of guy...job done!

Just be yourself ;)

But......I want to impress them :laugh:

Thanks for the advice, I thought it would be a really heavy interview type thing.....dosent sound to bad :victory:

Edit> Whist I am here.....Any ideas as to how long it will take from sending the application to being told yes/no?

Edited by Hob&Jill

Thanks for the advice, I thought it would be a really heavy interview type thing.....dosent sound to bad

Edit> Whist I am here.....Any ideas as to how long it will take from sending the application to being told yes/no?

In VERY SIMPLE terms in this country you are allowed a shotgun (SGC), the Police must show a reason why you can't have one.

The FAC is completely reversed..you are not allowed one until you can show why you need/want one!

VERY SIMPLE explaination.

Time wise it's impossible to say and many regions have been slow this year, could be anything from just a few weeks to MONTHS!

Cheers

Deker

Edited by Deker
Just be yourself ;)

Sprags didn't the firearms enquiries officer belong to the same Gimp club as you???

Yes!!.............. your point is?

isn't that what he said to you

Hob and Jill

you could always do what Baldie and Sprags did to get their tickets, but it involves Swarfega, a gimp suit and lots of sticky tape........and a firearms enquiries officer called Zed :D

Thanks for the advice, I thought it would be a really heavy interview type thing.....dosent sound to bad

In VERY SIMPLE terms in this country you are allowed a shotgun (SGC), the Police must show a reason why you can't have one.

The FAC is completely reversed..you are not allowed one until you can show why you need/want one!

VERY SIMPLE explaination.

Time wise it's impossible to say and many regions have been slow this year, could be anything from just a few weeks to MONTHS!

Cheers

Deker

It usually takes about 3 months, however some authorities are faster, others much slower. The new national computer database has not made things easier I'm afraid! :-(