Greyhound Stud

Looking for a greyhound dog to cover a deerhound bitch next Saturday or Sunday, a track dog , not too big, be great if hes covered a bitch before, any help appreciated, in Limerick Ireland

Maxhardcore on here has two top class distance/marathon greys for free stud. Could be well worth contacting him

• Like 2

There will be plenty of coursing dogs free to take away come December, most fellas with coursing studs wouldn't give you the service, dont think they would add anthing to a lurcher, too big, some 100lbs, and bred for a 400 meter straight run, a lot of them lack fire as well, I've had my share of them for coursing & hunted them as well

There will be plenty of coursing dogs free to take away come December, most fellas with coursing studs wouldn't give you the service, dont think they would add anthing to a lurcher, too big, some 100lbs, and bred for a 400 meter straight run, a lot of them lack fire as well, I've had my share of them for coursing & hunted them as well

Im glad you said that. A lot of lads think coursing blood for lurchers must be good,but I think exactly the opposite for the reasons you said. A track I would use. I wouldnt go for a marathon dog myself,I would rather go for a sprinter,but thats just personal preferance.

• Like 1

Why a sprinter Jeems ?

All greyhounds improve pace and conformation.

Resulting pups off sprinters will likely lack wind for longer runs ?

You might get away with it if you were breeding for a Ferretting companion with short bursts with a wait inbetween runs.

But if it's for daytime flushing or longer runs on bigger quarry staying / marathon blood is the way to go .

. I agree with max ,blowing up very likely from sprinters if one needs sprinters for bolting bunnies there's some rapid lightening generation whipp greys ta choose from.atb bunnys.
  • Like 1