There's a great piece on the North Pennines Moorland Group face book page. If your on face book take a look and get sharing, he needs shown up for the the thousands of jobs that would be lost if he gets is way.

I like Packham, but too often, his type want to go too far, on some issues, calling for a 'ban', on this or that ? (which i dont agree with, in this case),....but, the 'shooting estates', need to make sure their 'management practises', are CORRECT, for whatever their particular circumstances ? (some dont agree, with any 'large scale cull, of mountain hares', for example ?)

I'm very near the place that was photographed in the spring, big numbers can and must be shot because there's such a high density.. Those that disagree, have opinions that are not based on fact or logic in other words, idiots

• Like 3

There's a great piece on the North Pennines Moorland Group face book page. If your on face book take a look and get sharing, he needs shown up for the the thousands of jobs that would be lost if he gets is way.

I like Packham, but too often, his type want to go too far, on some issues, calling for a 'ban', on this or that ? (which i dont agree with, in this case),....but, the 'shooting estates', need to make sure their 'management practises', are CORRECT, for whatever their particular circumstances ? (some dont agree, with any 'large scale cull, of mountain hares', for example ?)

Have you seen the population of white hares on managed moor land, They are thriving due to management and need to be culled on a large scale. People should go and see for themselves before shouting about somethings being wrong!

Difficult thing,... trying to estimate, whether 'blue' hare, numbers are 'increasing', or 'decreasing', overall (nationally) ? ,...i would imagine ? (local populations must 'fluctuate', somewhat, from year to year, too ?)

I'm very near the place that was photographed in the spring, big numbers can and must be shot because there's such a high density.. Those that disagree, have opinions that are not based on fact or logic in other words, idiots

I better take your 'word', for it then ? lol

I'm not sure what your getting at?

Have you seen the population of white hares on managed moor land, They are thriving due to management and need to be culled on a large scale. People should go and see for themselves before shouting about somethings being wrong!
Totally agree as we have seen this with our own eyes not hundreds but thousands of white hares ....

I dont necessarily, doubt you ? (cause ive seen 'good numbers', before,...on 'managed' moors, in Perthshire ?),....but that would be easily more, than a 'decade' ago, now,....but, you can take what i said, 'however you want' ? lol

• 4 weeks later...

I dont necessarily, doubt you ? (cause ive seen 'good numbers', before,...on 'managed' moors, in Perthshire ?),....but that would be easily more, than a 'decade' ago, now,....but, you can take what i said, 'however you want' ? lol

We deal with the hare populations locally, because we know the rise and fall of populations not only of the mountain hare but of all animals on our estates, we see them every day of every year. there is no nations wide cull number, thats sort of policies from government that cause all the problems. keep your beak out and leave it to the people who it concerns and who know more about that ground than any other person in the country, we're telling you their on the rise and need controlled for the welfare of the uplands. also whats with all the ()'s and ''?

• Like 2

LOL,...do you really, want a response here ?,....First of all , what you on about "nations wide cull number" ? lol,....did i say there was ?,....& i will comment how i see fit , pal !,....& "need controlled for the welfare of the uplands" ?,....'welfare of your grouse', is what you really mean, ? lol,.....(or, so you believe ?) (who do you think you are ?,...cause i wont be , intimidated,...)

Edited by earth-thrower