Packhams an absolute nugget,springwatch a few weeks ago he was spouting on about magpies getting a bad rep and they were not really accountable for predation on songbirds etc,the next guest went on about the predation by magpies in his garden and the negative effect they had on the garden songbirds.Packplumb said nowt.

There's a great piece on the North Pennines Moorland Group face book page. If your on face book take a look and get sharing, he needs shown up for the the thousands of jobs that would be lost if he gets is way.

I like Packham, but too often, his type want to go too far, on some issues, calling for a 'ban', on this or that ? (which i dont agree with, in this case),....but, the 'shooting estates', need to make sure their 'management practises', are CORRECT, for whatever their particular circumstances ? (some dont agree, with any 'large scale cull, of mountain hares', for example ?)

Packhams an absolute nugget,springwatch a few weeks ago he was spouting on about magpies getting a bad rep and they were not really accountable for predation on songbirds etc,the next guest went on about the predation by magpies in his garden and the negative effect they had on the garden songbirds.Packplumb said nowt.

I think hes based his opinion, on some 'study' that was carried, out ?,....but again, alot of 'countrymen' (myself included), arent opposed to the 'control', of this species ? (in proportion, to any local circumstances,....),....and we could claim, to see the benefits, of it !,....lol

He Ives in France he should stay in bloody France , why would the bbc pay somebody from another country there must be home grown presenters out there that's no a arsehole

• Like 3

He Ives in France he should stay in bloody France , why would the bbc pay somebody from another country there must be home grown presenters out there that's no a arsehole

That will all stop now we're out of the eu....

.....I think he lives in the New Forest, although he may have a house in France aswell....

That will all stop now we're out of the eu....

.....I think he lives in the New Forest, although he may have a house in France aswell....

Said in one spring watch he lives in France as it was better and he lived in a converted barn ahad bats in the rafters and used to lie in his bed watching them roost , must shit all over him ?.

• Like 2