Mate In Need Of A Donor

Right folks I know I don't post much on site now but this post is a plea for help for a close friend and fellow countryman/dog man.Some reading this will know BARNY from Cumbria or some will of heard of him,he's bothered with lurchers terriers for years and years ago raced greyhounds.i bumped into barny one day at an old quarry we were both mooching about with the dogs,I was 11/12 ish and continued to bother about with him with dogs ever since(last 33/34 years)Barny been older than me I looked up to him and I suppose he mentored me as I grew older.Barny As been having treatment(chemo)over the last year or so for an in curable cancer called multi myeloma,it's a type of blood cancer that can be kept a bay but never totally cured.Now for the best chance of keeping this thing in remission(at bay longer)he needs a blood stem cell donor but there isn't a match on the register at the moment,I was hoping as many as possible would sign up to the register(details on pics)and maybe just maybe we could save a fellow countryman/dog mans life,or if not barny's someone else's.sorry for rambling on a bit but it's a desperate plea and hope many of you will join up,it's s simple process,they send you a swab kit and you post it back free of charge.

Thanks very much for reading folks

Cheers HBG

post-960-0-90168800-1467883994_thumb.jpeg

post-960-0-80994700-1467884013_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

All the best for your mucker hope he finds a suitable donor. I've been on the register for 14 years now and donated bone marrow once and some platelets the year after. Best thing in my life I could have done for somebody..

• Like 7