"sonny" Purebred Saluki

Just how good was he? I have heard some fantastic stories of the speed and quality of this dog,unfortunately i have not had the pleasure of seeing him run. has anyone on the site actually run against it ? If so how did you get on cheers lads.

• Like 2

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sam as a pup       As a young dog    

Couple more of snicker    

Litter brother Snicker  

Good fast saluki strong dog, been round the block and back won plenty of matches against x.s . Won the First UK saluki single handed cup.Still knocking the odd one over at 10 years old.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

I'd like a day an night out with a proper saluki, see what's myth an what's fact haha closest I been is a half x out that khan dog and a good few coursing dogs

Most coursingdogs have varying percentages of saluki in them

I'd like a day an night out with a proper saluki, see what's myth an what's fact haha closest I been is a half x out that khan dog and a good few coursing dogs

I have always run my salukis at night (never on hares though) and they run all night great eyes half decent retrieval nowt special just pretty good at their job "myths" are mostly generated by people that don't own them
  • Like 1

I think a lot of the folk who are saluki detractors have not seen decent salukis put to work. They are every bit as capable of taking all quarry as any lurcher and on some much better. Those that call them plodders obviously have not seen the quicker ones run and work. Should be an interesting season the coming one some new young blood out on the land,as well as some of the older ones. Be interesting to know whose going to be running some the coming season, Saluki interest seems to being reignited as few decent litters been bred this year and in the offing.

Think there's a few clips of Sonny on one of the Chalky vids.

Salukis are so varied in build temperament and ability ect its ridiculous to pigeonhole them,

There just a different type of lurcher.

• Like 1

How do they fare as rabbiting dogs on the lamp? Got a young sal x grey bitch here, hoping to start her lamping this season

Lamping is not my thing but a lot of saluki lads lamp with them and sing their praises . A saluki grey cross should have good pace a long as it is not to tall and turn like a tug boat. good luck in the future with your pup