good night lamping

went out at the weekend after acouple of charlies and managed a brace.pulled into the first field and first time on with the lamp and we picked up a pair of un mistakable eyes in the far corner over the fence just out of range of the 22.250 so got myself in position on hte wing mirror and gave a few little squeaks just enough to bring it up the wall towards us.she sat on a stump at 100 yds :wallbash: silly girl she has been getting local house chickens but not any more.went round rest of my land and came upon another pair of eyes just ducking into the wood at about 400 yds away so again gave a little squeak and this nutter ran at us eventually stopping at 80 yds when i coughed at him otherwise i think he would have joined us in the truck :hmm: all in all a good night .few gettin about now with the dogs showing interest in the vixens so hopefully some will go to ground for the patt :big_boss:

post-10299-1196792435_thumb.jpg

post-10299-1196792677_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogga

• 2 weeks later...
:clapper::thumbs:

Deker have a look at a letter to 'The Burns Enquiry' submitted to a good friend of mine!

Individual Submission by P Frenette

They are self-explanatory, and I would like any relevant information in them taken as submissions for the Burns inquiry. Yours sincerely,. PETER FRENETTE. ...

www.defra.gov.uk/rural/hunting/inquiry/evidence/frenette.htm - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

If you go on Google put peter frenette in search think its the first article!

How far was 'too far' a field larger than 400yds long?

Man you could have called it a bit further and got it with a catapult!

Try using a 22 hornet at that range!

not really sure i understand your reply :blink: but yes it was out of range for me and no it was not a field 400 yds long but can 2 fields not be next to each other therfore making the distance over 400 yds? :censored: and as for getting it in close do i really care how close i got it????no not in the slightest as i am a keeper with birds to look after the closer the better to be honest if you have nothing complimentary to say why say owt at all :feck: and as i dont have a hornet on my ticket and i dont intend changing how would i manage that :wallbash:

How far was 'too far' a field larger than 400yds long?

Man you could have called it a bit further and got it with a catapult!

Try using a 22 hornet at that range!

not really sure i understand your reply :blink: but yes it was out of range for me and no it was not a field 400 yds long but can 2 fields not be next to each other therfore making the distance over 400 yds? :censored: and as for getting it in close do i really care how close i got it????no not in the slightest as i am a keeper with birds to look after the closer the better to be honest if you have nothing complimentary to say why say owt at all :feck: and as i dont have a hornet on my ticket and i dont intend changing how would i manage that :wallbash:

Dogga pure observation mate no offence!

My friend shoots loads of foxes with a 22-250 to him a 'normal' range is way over the 250yd mark.

Just seemd a bit 'overkill' really, big fast rifle at close range!

Bit like knocking a pnel pin in with a sledge hammer!