Hypnotherapy / Councilling

My brothers partner does - has done CBT for many (15 ) years but is also qualified in counselling in general, but finds that the CBT is more effective for most people. If your partner would like to speak to someone ( or email ) then she is happy to answer questions and give advice.

They're different things aren't they mate?

I thought hypnotherapy was to stop you smoking etc and counselling was to help people who have been through some bad stuff.

But what do i know?

You can have counselling for many many reasons.

I've done it as lower levels as part of becoming a social worker.

Some people will have counselling just to think and reflect about themselves. They basically sit and listen to you without giving an opinion and may guide and prompt subjects for you to explore yourself.

Some people find it very helpful, some who are not ready for certain things may find it useless.

Hypnotherapy I believe is something entirely different, being honest I'm also not entirely sure why CBT entails.

Does any of you lads's partners do this for s living my better half is thinking about starting a course and would like some pointers thanks

Why are you asking for partners? Don't get caught in the stereotypical idea it only women who counsell.

I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor. My first taste of counselling was a bereavement one day workshop. This led onto a 12 week basic counselling course. This is when I began with the idea of counselling as a career move. Level 2 followed which was one academic year at night school (September to July) Then came Level 3 for the same, one full academic year. By this time I had put in over two years and didn't have enough qualification to work. I opted to complete my training at college, while there the course requirements were a for 40 hours (sessions) of personal therapy with a BACP qualified counsellor, and 100 hours of placement work with live clients. There is a great deal of written work, weekly journals, assignments (6 in total each of around 4000 words) plus six weekends to attend, it's a hard journey of reflection! This courses was £1600 for which I had no help. One day off work per week for a year to complete my placement hours. 40 hours of counselling at £30 per session. I think with having my 16800 word dissertation bound, course fees, personal counselling, insurance, membership of the BACP all in all the total was £10000. Well worth it ;-) As for your partner, expect a lot of vocational work and little money. Yes, you can get £50 per hour, but if you're seeing only one or two clients per week and paying for supervision and insurance (both a requirement to practice) and having personal therapy (a recommendation), this may not be a realistic wage.

https://www.canterburycollege.ac.uk/subjects/health/part-time/counselling-concepts-level-2-award/

https://www.canterburycollege.ac.uk/subjects/health/part-time/counselling-skills-level-3-certificate-abc/

https://www.canterburycollege.ac.uk/subjects/health/part-time/counselling-theory-practice-diploma-level-4/

• Like 2