Any Apbt Folks On Here?

just been offered a very well bred pit pup i can have pick of litter when there born , must admit very tempted

I swapped a very useful lamping lurcher for a pup in the early 80,s,from Donny area,worked it with the lurchers and terriers,kids pet and guard dog and let it roll at times,i loved owning her,id never ever own another,fecking destructive.Ill guarantee you roger it will haunt your kennel.

chris couldn t be worse than the alaunts those sods destroyed everything, i used to take bo out for a walk with 10ft of 4x2 come home with pallet blocks you never seen jaws like it, she d bite straight through 4x2 some bloke at a show gave us a indestructible toy she destroyed in within a minute bite straight through it then the rest bloke was gobsmacked

A decent bred American will make an Alaunt seem gentile and cuddlesome.I could recount tales that an American did that no other dog is nearly capable of coming nearly close to.You know your dogs Roger,yet id not take it home,especially with other alpha dogs in the kennel,i know which will become the alpha,if allowed.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will post a couple pics latter on today..and foxbolter I'm not a drug dealer and I don't own them for my ego..Lol.I been boxing since I was a kid and like animal that reflects me..just like the patt

Bird, I don't feel Richard Straton is a pit man..but a man that wrote a book just like Diane jussup..

Posted Images

Very interesting thread. I've always been interested in the Bulldogs

I'd never own one though - too big of a risk; both in my line of work and with children in my home

What's your line of work?

I sell cars

I'm in the process of getting a Consumer Credit Licence which allows me to do finance. You need to 'be of good character' so convictions are basically a no no.

It's painfully hard work to get one with any

• Like 2

Not particularly interested in photographs myself but would be interested to see a few peds if you have bred your own line for 26 years......not to be critical i just think you can tell a lot about a mans understanding of bulldogs from his peds over enough time,particularly if they are down off well known dogs.......it would also be interesting to see what Floyd was putting out towards the end.

Tbh the Eastern Europeans know little about line breeding and such, they are generally scatterbred dogs selected from best to best matings...

Not particularly interested in photographs myself but would be interested to see a few peds if you have bred your own line for 26 years......not to be critical i just think you can tell a lot about a mans understanding of bulldogs from his peds over enough time,particularly if they are down off well known dogs.......it would also be interesting to see what Floyd was putting out towards the end.

Tbh the Eastern Europeans know little about line breeding and such, they are generally scatterbred dogs selected from best to best matings...

Are tight bred dogs any better bred,,? the east European dogs are as good as any dogs,,, its the results that show if a breeding is good, plenty of these tight bred dogs ,,like Mayfield, Colby , Old family red nose strains,,usually bred for their peds ,,, and have a low percentage of good dogs...

• Like 2

Are tight bred dogs any better bred,,? the east European dogs are as good as any dogs,,, its the results that show if a breeding is good, plenty of these tight bred dogs ,,like Mayfield, Colby , Old family red nose strains,,usually bred for their peds ,,, and have a low percentage of good dogs...

Let's be honest if one method was obviously superior to others then everybody would go the same way. I know the Europeans like to beat their own chests regarding their dogs but I'm guessing the best dogs are still found in the States and Mexico, Japan will have good dogs too IMO.

You might make a good box dog out of scatterbred dogs but will it be able to reproduce in a consistent manner? With tight family bred dogs you can make a much more educated guess as to how certain pairings will turn out and so plan your breedings better and hopefully end up with higher percentage of pups making decent dogs.

• Like 2

You might make a good box dog out of scatterbred dogs but will it be able to reproduce in a consistent manner? With tight family bred dogs you can make a much more educated guess as to how certain pairings will turn out and so plan your breedings better and hopefully end up with higher percentage of pups making decent dogs.

That's the theory but the Europeans ain't doing bad using their methods. I agree with the old theory of intelligent line breeding and outcrossing when certain traits begin to wain....

• Like 2

That's the theory but the Europeans ain't doing bad using their methods. I agree with the old theory of intelligent line breeding and outcrossing when certain traits begin to wain....

As you said in your other post pal if one method was the only way everyone would be doing it, I do wonder how much litter wastage they see from these heavily scatterbred breedings though...

I definitely agree with the tried and tested methods too, always interesting to look at how other folk around the world are doing things though :thumbs:

As you said in your other post pal if one method was the only way everyone would be doing it, I do wonder how much litter wastage they see from these heavily scatterbred breedings though...

I definitely agree with the tried and tested methods too, always interesting to look at how other folk around the world are doing things though :thumbs:

Getting a game dog is difficult even with good breeding, hell some of the most famous dogs of all time weren't game. Folk can't even agree what the meaning of gameness is let alone the best method of breeding.

Give me some examples of SUCCESSFUL scatter bred european dogs. I rarely see them tbh.

For breeding, I think its worth looking into the Filipinos and how they do their birds tbh. They get through multiple generations much quicker and develop their theories based on this. Of course there are also other methods too

• Like 1

Let's be honest if one method was obviously superior to others then everybody would go the same way. I know the Europeans like to beat their own chests regarding their dogs but I'm guessing the best dogs are still found in the States and Mexico, Japan will have good dogs too IMO.
A mate of mine spent some time in Mexico with a very well known old timer who's moved there from the states.He said whilst he was out there he visited a few yards and went to a large convention and reckoned he only saw a couple of dogs he'd have kept and wouldn't have fed the majority of them and that their breeding methods were a joke.The same lad also brought two dogs over from one of the very well known European lines and they went even close in class to the dogs he had from his tried and tested English family of dogs.
  • Like 2

A mate of mine spent some time in Mexico with a very well known old timer who's moved there from the states.He said whilst he was out there he visited a few yards and went to a large convention and reckoned he only saw a couple of dogs he'd have kept and wouldn't have fed the majority of them and that their breeding methods were a joke.The same lad also brought two dogs over from one of the very well known European lines and they went even close in class to the dogs he had from his tried and tested English family of dogs.
Each to their own, the Yanks slag each other's dogs off so nothing new there. I know the European dogs have got most of the records? I think one match went 6hr 47min...... IMO they must have been soft mouthed dogs or had bad handlers....

I still reckon the Americans have the best dogs in the world today but who knows hey...

Edited by DogFox123