Phil Craven Lancaster?

On 06/04/2021 at 13:25, gnasher16 said:

Centre spread in the News of the World for getting caught " matching " 14 week old puppies probably qualifies the chap a little bit strange as well !.....and booking him as a bare knuckle boxer of some sort i find pretty amusing the geezer was 7 stone ringing wet !.......certainly wouldnt speak bad of the chap if he,s passed away but id say describing him as " strange " is probably pretty mild.

The guy had quite a number of people that actually too a fair bit of interest in the muzzled matches because they were trying have it accepted. His dog Tinder was an absolute beast. The 14 week old pup story was when the papers set him up. They didn't fight, he had the two dogs winding each other up and as usual the papers blew it well out of proportion. 

And coming back to the comment of his fighting days, he was a hard b*****d. His old man was the same, he was a professional boxer in the 1950's and then turned to bare knuckle boxing later on. It's all very well writing shit on assumption but it's better to write facts, less embarrassing that way. There's always someone out there that knows a little bit more lol. Phil had people coming to the house from all over britain, Ireland and a couple of guys from the states in the 80's and 90's regarding his knowledge on dogs and his pups were always well sought after. 

He had a book published as well as having his underground magazine. 

20156124_832695513564813_9194190602114731509_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1617059703985.jpg

FB_IMG_1617059698412.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it wasnt the maddest of his ideas, he even put a letter/advert in the earth dog running dog offering his services of curing  sheep aggressive dogs. in short, you would take your sheep worrier to him,

Phil Lancaster passed away with cancer approximately 10 years ago. We lived on the same street in Haywards heath as him (Vale road) to say he was strange is about off to be fair. He was a gem of a man

Always makes me laugh when people say they were set up.If you dont say or do illegal or just plain f**king stupid stuff in front of complete strangers just to stroke your own ego you cant be set up.Al

Posted Images

On 24/04/2021 at 01:39, Franco1980 said:

The guy had quite a number of people that actually too a fair bit of interest in the muzzled matches because they were trying have it accepted. His dog Tinder was an absolute beast. The 14 week old pup story was when the papers set him up. They didn't fight, he had the two dogs winding each other up and as usual the papers blew it well out of proportion. 

And coming back to the comment of his fighting days, he was a hard b*****d. His old man was the same, he was a professional boxer in the 1950's and then turned to bare knuckle boxing later on. It's all very well writing shit on assumption but it's better to write facts, less embarrassing that way. There's always someone out there that knows a little bit more lol. Phil had people coming to the house from all over britain, Ireland and a couple of guys from the states in the 80's and 90's regarding his knowledge on dogs and his pups were always well sought after. 

He had a book published as well as having his underground magazine. 

20156124_832695513564813_9194190602114731509_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1617059703985.jpg

FB_IMG_1617059698412.jpg

Can only tell you what he told me himself mate,he went to roll out a couple of pups in the forest with someone he was unsure of....turned out the bod was a news of the world reporter......whether he was " set up " is neither here nor there the idiot still turned up to roll out 3 month old puppies !

As for his dogs being " beasts ".....are we talking about compared to other 2 bob street corner mutts or the fraternity of the time....because he never conditioned or handled a dog in a competitive match in his life,but yes im sure he rolled out that Punch dog and them other English bull crosses into all sorts over the forest.....but so what ?....the man knew and understood absolutely nothing about fighting human or animal not everyone is as naive as he was.

" People coming to the house ".....the geezer wrote so much shit in so many magazines and got his face on so many Ed Reid videos that yes im sure gullible naive youngsters from all over fell for his nonsense....again,so what ?

I remember him once telling a lad i know to always leave collars on and never use breaking sticks when rolling dogs as choking them off by the collar was more of a " game test " ?

Apologies if talking bad about a relation or someone close mate but the geezer was a mental case who nobody back then took seriously....sorry and all that.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
On 26/04/2021 at 19:00, gnasher16 said:

Can only tell you what he told me himself mate,he went to roll out a couple of pups in the forest with someone he was unsure of....turned out the bod was a news of the world reporter......whether he was " set up " is neither here nor there the idiot still turned up to roll out 3 month old puppies !

As for his dogs being " beasts ".....are we talking about compared to other 2 bob street corner mutts or the fraternity of the time....because he never conditioned or handled a dog in a competitive match in his life,but yes im sure he rolled out that Punch dog and them other English bull crosses into all sorts over the forest.....but so what ?....the man knew and understood absolutely nothing about fighting human or animal not everyone is as naive as he was.

" People coming to the house ".....the geezer wrote so much shit in so many magazines and got his face on so many Ed Reid videos that yes im sure gullible naive youngsters from all over fell for his nonsense....again,so what ?

I remember him once telling a lad i know to always leave collars on and never use breaking sticks when rolling dogs as choking them off by the collar was more of a " game test " ?

Apologies if talking bad about a relation or someone close mate but the geezer was a mental case who nobody back then took seriously....sorry and all that.

Always makes me laugh when people say they were set up.If you dont say or do illegal or just plain f**king stupid stuff in front of complete strangers just to stroke your own ego you cant be set up.All the mouthy twats that have be caught because they've been showing off or gobbing off need to realise they've set themselves up.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Always makes me laugh when people say they were set up.If you dont say or do illegal or just plain f**king stupid stuff in front of complete strangers just to stroke your own ego you cant be set up.All the mouthy twats that have be caught because they've been showing off or gobbing off need to realise they've set themselves up.

A young lad i knew at the time had arranged something with him and thought id give him a bell to give him the once over....i soon realised that the young lad he was trying to impress probably knew a lot more about dogs than he did !!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, downsouth said:

Same as numb feckers putting illegal stuff on forums or facebook and then blaming the forums etc for grassing them.

• Like 3