Fox Caller help PLEASE!!!

Guys/Gals

I give in...I've never had and never used a fox caller...I have always simply made appropriate noises which have often worked...BUT...

I've just got in...been out since 3.00pm..

Saw 2 rabbits, couldn't get a shot off, saw 11 pheasants, 10 cocks and just 1 hen, not taking them on this site, no deer, and NO f*****g Charlie. I am absolutely soaked and freezing with the driving wind and rain (God knows why I went out but it was ok at 3.00), just finished drying the gun and I'm still shaking.... and the rain is pounding on the window as I write this.

Point is, I was so cold and wet, it was so windy and horid (I know Charlie wasn't stupid like me he was tucked up warm and dry somewhere) that the feeble noises I could get out of my mouth were simply not carrying any distance.

So suggestions please for a CHEAP, Small, carry it easily in my pocket foxcaller, that I can blow, AND WORKS (not some hi tec lump of electrics and batteries costing a fortune)!

I simply don't know where to start but after all these years I think its about time I gave in to a little bit of low tec help.

Suggestions and comments on foxcallers that fit the above requirements, that you have used (do use) would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Deker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't remember what it was called, someone was selling one on here, my mate got one and christ there good!! Two strips of black plastic with a reed between them...........loud or quiet, high pitch or low, with a bit of practice, awesome, i'm getting one!!!

Cheers....sounds promising but need to track it down somehow now!

vermin dropper was selling them..........the only other one i've had fantastic results with is the brass one with a hole in it but its not loud, just very good

do not buy the acme........such hard work and if you don't give it everything you sound like a duck

Have one for about the last 15 years cant remember the name either. but this is what it looks like, it takes a bit of practise but works better than the digital caller in strong winds......

P.S. Its a little bit of thin metal strip not a reed. between the two strips :thumbs:

Very grateful for the info and pics chaps...I take it you all think this is a pretty fair bit of kit that works well, I have never had one before at all, so it has surprised me quite how many there seem to be on the market!

I've sent a PM to Vermin Dropper to see if he still has them.

Cheers!

Guys/Gals

I give in...I've never had and never used a fox caller...I have always simply made appropriate noises which have often worked...BUT...

Saw 2 rabbits, couldn't get a shot off, saw 11 pheasants, 10 cocks and just 1 hen, not taking them on this site, no deer, and NO f*****g Charlie. I am absolutely soaked and freezing with the driving wind and rain (God knows why I went out but it was ok at 3.00), just finished drying the gun and I'm still shaking.... and the rain is pounding on the window as I write this.

Point is, I was so cold and wet, it was so windy and horid (I know Charlie wasn't stupid like me he was tucked up warm and dry somewhere) that the feeble noises I could get out of my mouth were simply not carrying any distance.

So suggestions please for a CHEAP, Small, carry it easily in my pocket foxcaller, that I can blow, AND WORKS (not some hi tec lump of electrics and batteries costing a fortune)!

I simply don't know where to start but after all these years I think its about time I gave in to a little bit of low tec help.

Suggestions and comments on foxcallers that fit the above requirements, that you have used (do use) would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Deker

I downloaded a rabbit distress call from this site then loaded it onto my mobile phone & it works great for getting charlie in its worth a try Rabbit ditress call :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by outshooting

Outshooting

I downloaded a rabbit distress call from this site then loaded it onto my mobile phone & it works great for getting charlie in its worth a try Rabbit ditress call [/i

Cheers for this, I'll give it a try. The rabbt distress is something I have always tried to imitate myself over the years with varying levels of success!

Deker

Guest magwa1962
Guys/Gals

Many thanks

Deker

I downloaded a rabbit distress call from this site then loaded it onto my mobile phone & it works great for getting charlie in its worth a try Rabbit ditress call :thumbs::thumbs:

have a look at this web site it has the call you require http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/about.php

Guys/Gals

Many thanks

Deker

vermin dropper was selling them..........the only other one i've had fantastic results with is the brass one with a hole in it but its not loud, just very good

do not buy the acme........such hard work and if you don't give it everything you sound like a duck

I bought one of the brass ones off ebay, first time out had it in my pocket with some other stuff as you do and the fecker was sqwashed it did not work, it is far to flimsy it needs its own case. So I never got to know if it worked or not.

I bought one of the brass ones off ebay, first time out had it in my pocket with some other stuff as you do and the fecker was sqwashed it did not work, it is far to flimsy it needs its own case. So I never got to know if it worked or not.

you shouldnt carry it in your pocket put in on a lanyard and hang it around your neck

stu 8)