Ruined my moling gloves!

Now ive taken to wearing neoprene gloves for moles- at first its a little fumbly but after the last couple of years of nearly crying like a bairn because of my frozen fingers ive decided to wear them, and can heartily reccomend it. Once your used to them you dont know youve got em on! apart from having warm fingers obviously.

So, there i was at a run-of-the-mill call out for moles today and asked the owners if they had put anything in the mole run ( i always ask this as ive found broken glass and even syringes in runs before!!) and they say no, so i started planting my traps but keep getting this awful wiff of something. In the end i asked again if they were sure and they say, well apart from creosote , nothing! AAAHH . all the runs were flooded with the stuff and my £15 neoprene gloves are ruined ! they stink of creosote and ive washed and washed them to no avail. I also had planted 10 traps which now stink of the stuff and will be useless for at least a year!

I HAVE HAD DIESEL ON MY TRAPS BEFOR MATE AND THEY STILL KILLED MOLES.

DONT GET ME WRONG I WOULDN'T RECOMED IT :laugh: BUT THEY STILL KILLED, SO DONT DESPAIR

Is that right?? I was thinking i would have to bury them in the garden till next season.

I HAVE HAD DIESEL ON MY TRAPS BEFOR MATE AND THEY STILL KILLED MOLES.

DONT GET ME WRONG I WOULDN'T RECOMED IT :laugh: BUT THEY STILL KILLED, SO DONT DESPAIR

Is that right?? I was thinking i would have to bury them in the garden till next season.

i did a garden a few weeks back , similar thing , the folks had surfed and the info said , mothballs and/or jeyes fluid , neither worked , so me sets two traps and as i prefer to have at least 3-4 traps in a garden job, so i,m not to-ing a fro-ing, i wanted another place , so i sets in the jeyes fluid area , next visit , bingo , jeyes fluid trap caught ,