3/4 Grey X Collie Lame On Front Left Paw

My bitch is just 7 years old never really had a problem with her feet.

Started limping 4 weeks ago , no sign of damage or swelling , but appeared to be tender when walking on hard surfaces.

Rested her just exercise on the lead for a couple of weeks no real improvement .

Been to the vets she thought it was something to do with where the toe and the pad meets , rest antibiotics and anti inflammatories prescribed.

No real improvement , Xrays now taken £275 later vet says cant see anything and prescribes rest and anti inflammatories???

Anyone had anything similar

PS Need help as both me and her are getting fatter by the day :blink:

Might seem bit off the wall but an episode of Supervet he had a greyhound with similar & he diagnosed corns on its pads by brushing toothpaste on them & they showed up as white patches. Might be worth a punt. Im sure you could google the episode. As far as i know the dog had corns cut out & all sorted. Atb

Could be ligament damage which wouldn't show up on an x ray. Worth seeing a bone man about it. Or, even a muscle problem higher up the leg: I had one bitch who was limping. Took her to a renowned greyhound vet who cut her claw off what they thought was the problem toe. No change. Took her to my local back man and he found a tiny torn muscle in her chest. You would never have thought that this could have made her appear lame in her foot, but it did.

• Like 1