crimps

Guest tawny

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Any use? :unsure:

Oh. Or ask Louise about the NETWORK RATCHETTE CRIMPING TOOL. (NET022). £78.94 + vat.

Personally, for the little copper ferrules, I have a pair of KG's little pliers. Cost me £18.00 a couple of years ago. Can't find them listed now.

fox wires ditch, end stops

Ohhh! :laugh: F*ckin easy then! Tiny brass nut and a hammer! Mr Waters method :good:

no sorry mate,brass cracks,and the mild steel nuts,are ok but they tend to take the galve off the wire.

had a few snares set up ready for use around the chicken shed,only to find the wire has rusted around the nut.

so it's time i went to aluminium stops.

ok ,icould hammer them on but a better job would be done with a swagger or crimper :thumbs:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Got me f*cked then, Tawns :( Have a word with Mr Waters?

I do wonder how long a snare has to be set (and set again?) before rusting becomes a problem though? :icon_eek:

Definately sounds like a case for a word with the man upstairs.

i think it could be a case off hammering the nut on to tight ditch,

so i think,damaged the wire,took the galve off and let stand in the rain for a few weeks.

anyway,when the time came to use them i noticed the wire has rotted almost around the nuts :cry:

Try stainless steel wire cable, no rust then!! :thumbs:

Hammered nuts and a small washer do the job well enough for me, on the swivel or eyelet end, not had a fox pull out yet!

OTC

stainless is a good choice for ground anchor,the initial cost may put you off,but itpays for itselfe in no time.

as for making snares ot of it ,it would work out to expensive,pluss they'd stand out like a sore thumb.

nuts have always been my first choice,but like i said they do damage the wire,and when hung out to dull,

rust do tend to eat in :)

dunno if it would be any use as snare wire, but the bonding wire we use at work for holding the pidgeon netting in place, is stainless steel, seems rolls are always finding there way into my shed :whistling: wouldent wanna post as too heavy, but use brass ferrels and crimpers too :whistling: