Dog Ripping Up Bed

My 2year old lurcher keeps ripping his dog bed to bits anyone no how I can stop this as its starting to cost me a small fortune in new dog beds that don't last a few days. He lives in the house so straw is out of the question as it gets everywhere. He never used to bother when he was younger but past couple months he seems to love ripping up his bed ??

I invested in a raised metal bed from hik9 and although a bit pricey they are decent investment if you have chewy dog. They are lightweight and pack down easy enough if you travel around a lot. Just lay vet bed ontop on the raised bed. A lot cleaner as the vetbed can be machine washed quickly and they love the stuff. Costs a bit initially but had mine a couple of years now and they re good as new. Would have got through god knows now many beds in that time and I don't like dogs lying directly on the floor as they sweat and no matter how often you wash standard beds they don't last atb

If it's a decent size crate would still fit a raised bed in no probs otherwise just vetbed on it's own is good stuff you can get about 3m x 1m roll of it on ebay for about 15 quid. Wouldnt muzzle a dog in a crate personally but each to there own atb

My 2year old lurcher keeps ripping his dog bed to bits anyone no how I can stop this as its starting to cost me a small fortune in new dog beds that don't last a few days. He lives in the house so straw is out of the question as it gets everywhere. He never used to bother when he was younger but past couple months he seems to love ripping up his bed ??

I owned one like that,destroyed everything she laid on,i went to a game show and looked at some of the indestructible beds on show and challenged a vendor of these to let my lass have 10 minutes with one in a confined environment,she tore an hole in it in less than 4 minutes,i spent £2 on some pliers,yanked her teeth out and have never had a problem since.

• Like 1

Matt I was joking about muzzle and shit. Have you got a link for the raised bed or are they on eBay as well ? Would it fit in a large crate? I have him in a large crate so will get vetbed in there. will have a look on eBay now for vet bed also.just sick of spending money on shitty dog beds that get ripped to bits in few days thanks ?

I owned one like that,destroyed everything she laid on,i went to a game show and looked at some of the indestructible beds on show and challenged a vendor of these to let my lass have 10 minutes with one in a confined environment,she tore an hole in it in less than 4 minutes,i spent £2 on some pliers,yanked her teeth out and have never had a problem since.
think I will save the 2qid cos I'm a tight arse and lend your pliers then mate

think I will save the 2qid cos I'm a tight arse and lend your pliers then mate

An house brick does the same job,a little messier,for 7 pence you cannot expect clinical removal.

• Like 1