Sheep Worrying

There is something else bugging me about this story sheep were cheacked on sun afternoon and were not cheacked till 24 hours later I know a few sheep farmers and I don't think there will be a single one of them not out 3 times a day and 3 times a night doing the cheacks with being this close too lambing and that will be mon too Sunday even more when they start it all sounds a bit iffy

don't agree the sheep in the fields around my house get checked about once a week and they are about to lamb
then there not very good farmers mate quite simple most sheep will be getting extra feed this time of year with due lambs and that would be everyday and if memory serves it's actually part of the law that your stock must be cheacked once every 24 hours and I know how many times most farmers are doing it cos my girlfriend is lambing 400 right now
  • Like 1

There is something else bugging me about this story sheep were cheacked on sun afternoon and were not cheacked till 24 hours later I know a few sheep farmers and I don't think there will be a single one of them not out 3 times a day and 3 times a night doing the cheacks with being this close too lambing and that will be mon too Sunday even more when they start it all sounds a bit iffy

The bloke runs 1500 ewes. You can't check them 3 times a day and night and that stirs them up anyway! We check ours twice a day max, often only once a day and i'd consider us good farmers!

Stag mad has that right, those sheep suffocated in the gate way behind, they have been laid out for the photo, they wee pushed down the chute and into the gateway and were crushed / suffocated.

I'd be looking at farm dogs. . . .

• Like 2

don't agree the sheep in the fields around my house get checked about once a week and they are about to lamb
then there not very good farmers mate quite simple most sheep will be getting extra feed this time of year with due lambs and that would be everyday and if memory serves it's actually part of the law that your stock must be cheacked once every 24 hours and I know how many times most farmers are doing it cos my girlfriend is lambing 400 right now
I've just spent 2 weeks helping the farmer I have permission off, every moment I can spare he's gratefully for and he himself hasn't stopped , morning noon & night .

they have not started to lamb yet but when they do he certainly wont be checking them 6 times a day

If it was dogs surely some would have been bitten?

depends on the dog as some one has alrdy said they were pushed into the pens and crushed id put my finger on a sheep dog proabaly the farm dog or a neighbours farm dog
  • Like 1