Mobile Phone Jammer / Car Transponder Fob Damage?

Picked the wife up from work and the 1998 Jeep wouldnt start, as in the key fob wouldn't operate. I was recovered by the RAC and he got the key fob working. The next day it failed again and as no local mobile auto electricians had the correct software to help, I was recovered and taken to a Jeep garage. The original key fob can no longer be coded, even with new batteries. So, one new key fob plus re-coding = £149. The garage said, as the batteries were very low (in the key fob) a radio mast or mobile phone jammer could have caused the transponder in the Jeep to forget the key fob and as the battery was very low (in the key fob) it has now been permanently forgotten by the Jeeps transponder due to continualy trying to unlock the Jeep while I this mode? When I told my wife she said no one can get a mobile phone signal or send work related emails from work equipment while at this site due to an alleged mobile phone jammer / blocker? Apparently even their own walkabout phone won't work in certain parts of the building! Anyone else had or heard of any problems like this? If it can happen can I claim as there's no notice of such a device

In my discovery when going for mot it would never start inside the building it always had to be pushed outside then started and driven in again, they said it was their computer system interfering with the immobiliser and it happens in a few models, I thought this jeep has shit the bed lol

• Like 1

Must be able to get a key fob coded for cheaper than that. Not sure on jeep but some you can do yourself as long as you have another working key.

It seems only a Jeep garage has the software? The new fob was £70 the rest was the coding (upto 3 fobs) The only other place I found wonted £90 and couldn't guarantee a fix so I went for a new fob.

EU car fob 433.92MHZ

Mobile phone 800MHZ/1800MHZ

Your garage is taking shit....

Agreed to the Mhz and I hope the garage is wrong! But if this device can cover a large band with http://www.jammer4uk.com/new-adjustable-mobile-phone-jammer-with-remote-control-p-28.html?zenid=qiotht65a9fs628bk8p1ro8ia6 could there be one covering 400 to 800 Mhz? The RAC said a phone mast can interfere with a key fob transponder. And the location of high powered radio masts and their problems are mentioned in the Jeeps alarm / immobilizer handbook from 1998, could it be due to `old ` tec and coincidence driving near a phone mast?

EU car fob 433.92MHZ

Mobile phone 800MHZ/1800MHZ

Your garage is taking shit....

Agreed to the Mhz and I hope the garage is wrong! But if this device can cover a large band with http://www.jammer4uk.com/new-adjustable-mobile-phone-jammer-with-remote-control-p-28.html?zenid=qiotht65a9fs628bk8p1ro8ia6 could there be one covering 400 to 800 Mhz? The RAC said a phone mast can interfere with a key fob transponder. And the location of high powered radio masts and their problems are mentioned in the Jeeps alarm / immobilizer handbook from 1998, could it be due to `old ` tec and coincidence driving near a phone mast?

Maybe they have this as well? If they didn't know what they were doing or what Mhz range to use, and my key fobs transponder was on the was out? http://www.jammer4uk.com/car-remote-control-jammer-315433-mhz-3050-meters-p-35.html Its odd the `customer brought` section lists cell phone and car jammer as purchaced together!

This one seems to cover both cellphone and car key transponder frequencies? http://www.jammer4uk.com/high-power-12-antennas-wifi-gps-vhf-uhf-lojack-rf-315433-3g-4g-all-bands-adjustable-signal-jammer-p-50.html If they incorectly set it to all frequency, could it cause my problem?

DMA/GSM: 851-960MHz 3W

-DCS/PCS: 1805-1990MHz3W

-3G: 2110-2170MHz 1.5W

-4G LTE: 725-770MHz/-4G LTE: 790-826MHZ 3W

-4G Wimax: 2345-2400MHz 1W/-4G Wimax2620-2690MHz 1W

-WiFi: 2400-2500MHz 1W

-RF 315MHz 3W

-RF 433MHz 3W

-VHF: 135-174MHz 3W

-UHF: 400-470MHz 3W

-GPSL1: 1570-1580MHz 1.5W

-Lojack: 167-175MHz3W