New Air Rifle Convert...been Told This Is The Place To Be?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This should show 20yds kneeling with a support and 20yds kneeling unsupported...early days yet...

Definitely see the difference between rested and kneeling !?   I've got a fair way to go yet......unless I grab a picnic table through the fields with me????

Have a look at where iv got the barrel band on the under leaver any higher and you will pull the leaver out of its holder eventually   Ill have a look and see if iv got a sling for you   atvbmac

Posted Images

Practice practice bud springers are a long term commitment, they disagree with you and give you the silent treatment you have to guess what is wrong with them a lot of the time it's your fault :D

Atleast they don't need to be wined dined and have a ring bought for them

Unless it's a delrin bearing :D

You can do it on your phone but you might need to resize the image to make it smaller. You can download an image resizing app pretty easily.

You will need to click on full version at the bottom of the page too, this allows you to use the full reply options where you can add a photo

On the bottom pic if I could control those flyers I'd be a happy man

Biggest problem I have is wobbling from side to side

Just do it kneeling supported tuck your arm in and support the rifle at the end of the day the rabbits don't give a dam if its supported or not

Both my kills the other night were kneeling supported

The trick is with a 97 is to shoulder her and as soon as that cross hair lines up with the kill zone let the pellet go

as the 97 is front end heavy and the more you steady her the more she will fight back

as she is a heavy fecker all round .

Another trick is if you have a gun belt fitted to her , then put your arm through the belt and wrap your arm around it two or three times this will help you steady the rifle for kneeling and standing shots

Once your arm is wrapped around your belt and your hand is holding the stock then push your elbow out a little until the rifle feels tight in your hands and shoulder and the rifle will be locked into place .

but be careful as some times this will pull the rifle to the left or right depending whether you a lefty or right,y just compensate this by moving a little to the right or left with your top half of your body

The belt trick works try it

By the way im crap at standing shots unless i can move I,E rifle up on shoulder aim fire all in one movement lol

atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Wires crossed ...I call kneeling unsupported what you have just described as supported ie ..left elbow sat on top of left knee....I'll try what you said about getting the shot of quicker...

I find that once it starts wandering there ain't no coming back...

Sling is next on my list I think ?

• Like 1

Wires crossed ...I call kneeling unsupported what you have just described as supported ie ..left elbow sat on top of left knee....I'll try what you said about getting the shot of quicker...

I find that once it starts wandering there ain't no coming back...

Sling is next on my list I think ?

Have a look at where iv got the barrel band on the under leaver any higher and you will pull the leaver out of its holder eventually

Ill have a look and see if iv got a sling for you

atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

post-63400-0-73791400-1455643993_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That'd be great ...what size band should I get for the underlever? Do I trust uttings size chart?.

Cant remember what the size was but its one one of the littler ones VM will keep you right on the size

And before you fit it put some black tape around the leaver where your going to fit it not to much as the leaver will not click back into its housing

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: