Fhh On Hares

čica

I've never flown a female HH, but from what I've seen and heard, some can be very good hare hawks.

If hares were my main concern, I'd go for the biggest female I could get and enter it early before the hares get too big to build its confidence.

Every hare it caught, the hawk would get a massive feed up on warm flesh.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

heard thet one guy had 3 hares in 4 days,would love to se one....poachery has ruined our hunting grounds now i fly anything i can....

my girl flyes on 1000gr and i hope for a goood slip soon....to bad we dont have rabbits here.so hares are only option and by far the best sport imo..

Edited by čica

heard thet one guy had 3 hares in 4 days,would love to se one....poachery has ruined our hunting grounds now i fly anything i can....

my girl flyes on 1000gr and i hope for a goood slip soon....to bad we dont have rabbits here.so hares are only option and by far the best sport imo..

I've seen a female Harris take 3 January hares in one morning & wrap them up like rabbits! While the rest of the field, including a large female gos & golden eagle got nothing haha....She was unpicked off each kill & given scant reward, until the end of the day.......mental eh? But true.....;-)

I'm repeating myself here, but you asked & that's my best response....haha

very nice....here on every field meet phesants are main target....lot of local falconers claim that fhh will not do good on hares(dont know why)....looking forward for some snow...will make things easier...all i want is one good slip :))))
anyone saw a cast of harrises hunt a hare?