Guest vaughan

You can buy live catch traps for them but apparently they are very prone to stress and tend to die in the traps. They also eat 200 worms a day - or so I read - so are rather difficult to keep fed.

Oli

I know a old keeper & molecatcher that designed a live catch mole trap but couldnt get it passed by the powers that be .He said he only used them to catch some live ones when he had a farmer or someone who wouldnt pay up when he done a mole job for them he would let the live ones he caught go on their land then wait for the phone call .Can you come and sort these bloody moles out :laugh: he then got them to pay for the work he had done and extra to do them again :thumbs:

anybody able to catch moles alive?

In the spring when the barley fields are sprouting, moley sometimes makes long runs where he pushes the earth up and doesn't tend to make heaps. At 10 am if you take a look he might be working, pushing up more at the end. It is dark soil. You can tiptoe very gently (Very Gently)and insert a spade behind him and he's yours. Then follow Ditches advice as they can bite.. Where I live, moles tend to work 10 am 3 pm ish, odd I know.

anybody able to catch moles alive?

In the spring when the barley fields are sprouting, moley sometimes makes long runs where he pushes the earth up and doesn't tend to make heaps. At 10 am if you take a look he might be working, pushing up more at the end. It is dark soil. You can tiptoe very gently (Very Gently)and insert a spade behind him and he's yours. Then follow Ditches advice as they can bite.. Where I live, moles tend to work 10 am 3 pm ish, odd I know.

round here there on 2-10 ,10-6 and 6-2 shifts

I had a terrier that waited at mole hills when they moved, he would grab the mole as it hit the surface, did it loads of times. he killed them though immediately, couldnt imagine what id keep one for, take hundreds to make a pair of trousers! :D