Pro Sport ,heavy To Cock.

Hello, I am in Canada so FAC is not a problem. I have a .22 Pro Sport putting out about 14FP. I love a lot of things about that gun but I break my arm cocking it , after a good practice session, I am worn out. I know it`s the shorter cocking arm , but I want to reduce the power on this gun, My question, to make it more pleasant to shoot and still keep accuracy and enough power for vermin, what FP should I aim for..?

PS I have a TX200 and a 97 K , 15 fp and 12 fp, respectively, and I can crank all day with no pain, so it`s not the noodle arm syndrome (DaveyT63)..

Happy New Year to all..

Newlife. Alright man. I a bit surprised as I know you know your stuff.

Anything over 10 would be fine imo.

How do you plan taking the power down? New spring and so on?

Hello Rez, I am of the mind to chop the spring, and if that dosen`t get it right I`ll get a Field Target kit.. And from the answers so far 11 and less FP..

Edited by Newlife2
  • Like 1

Hello, I am in Canada so FAC is not a problem. I have a .22 Pro Sport putting out about 14FP. I love a lot of things about that gun but I break my arm cocking it , after a good practice session, I am worn out. I know it`s the shorter cocking arm , but I want to reduce the power on this gun, My question, to make it more pleasant to shoot and still keep accuracy and enough power for vermin, what FP should I aim for..?

PS I have a TX200 and a 97 K , 15 fp and 12 fp, respectively, and I can crank all day with no pain, so it`s not the noodle arm syndrome (DaveyT63)..

Happy New Year to all..

After a session with my 31 ft lbs Webley Patriot I need a week's rest before the next attempt! :boxing:

• Like 1

Cutting your existing spring is only feasible if you have enough preload to "lose" that section without creating bounce. Personally I would recommend buying a UK spec 12ftlb spring along with a delrin top hat and spring guide,then use the power washers to set up anywhere from 10.5 to 11.5 ftlbs using your preferred pellets, fine tune for "feel" with washers on the spring guide.

Regards

Tim

Thanks Timmytree, I was hoping you`d chime in on this post..