Re-Wiring The New Striker 170 Variable.

Anyone done one recently? Ive just done the flex and the connections at the minute, they seemed to be everyones biggest issues, With them two done, is there anything else is should do whilst its in bits?

Its brand new lamp so apart from the dodgy cigar connection cutting out there no other problems. And its starting to look complicated, with a small circuit board and what seems like a sealed unit for the brightness control buttons. Everything looks solid and cant be pulled loose so I`ll probably leave it at that.

I read about bulbs blowing, now is that because everyone has cut the cigar connection off and thus removing the inline fuse?

I bought all the stuff from maplins off the shelf for approx £11.70 and If any one is interested I could do a basic picture tutorial? Before I put it back together.

Yeah Ive read some lads have hard wired them. Like I said, mines is virtually brand new, I didnt want to go chopping too many bits and fuses off as I didnt want it to melt in my hand :laugh: Is yours the a new variable, with 2 buttons instead of a twisty knob?

Mine was the one with the 2 buttons, the bloody thing burst into flames while out lamping. I rewired it to a single switch as never used the dimmer anyway