Best Way To Clean A Barrel

When I bought my HW100KT a couple of weeks ago, I was advised to clean the barrel as there may be some protective coating in the barrel. I was given thoughts on a pull through and cleaning pellets but with the HW I had to be careful not to pull the seal out of position as it is sited in the barrel so I phoned Hull Cartridge to see what they advised. They said to be VERY VERY careful with pull through cleaning and suggested cleaning pellets every time.

The method was to spray 4 or 5 pellets with Napier Power Airgun oil, and fill the rest of the mag with dry pellets. Remove the mod and fire until all were used. I did this and the barrels were clean and coating free because I fired the cleaning pellets into a drum so I could catch them to examine them.

Be warned however the bang is much louder than with normal pellets.

The spray is about £10 and a box of 100 cleaning pellets £5.00

Not saying this is the best because I don't know but I am happy to use the method stated by the importers.

Phil

• Like 1

I have to admit that I would prefer the pull through method but am somewhat nervous about this bloody seal, just how easy is it to dislodge.

I did make a pull through ready to use out of fly fishing line and bought these from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191283237819?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How do you know if the seal has become dislodged, does it just come out or what and how easy is it to sort should the worse happen, never had to think about this sort of thing before.

Phil

Hw100 .177 and ive been trying jsb exact, rws superfield and some lighter ones called defiant but i am getting the best results every time with bisley magnums, i tried them all again this morning and with the same results the magnums are always in a tighter group and seem to hit a lot harder

my hw100 would only shoot bis mags well so if I were you I'd stick with them, Any other pellet wouldn't group anywhere near as good,
  • Like 2