-== Sir Storms Progress ==-

Guest world.hunters

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wh,s father, had plenty guys out mostly young keen and well , the real hunting game is full of fun, and well the laws an ass, its good to see people keen and well ive had loads of people hunting from as far a feild as the ole usa , you should be proud if hees done all the photos of dogs on his own , all the best

wh,s father, had plenty guys out mostly young keen and well , the real hunting game is full of fun, and well the laws an ass, its good to see people keen and well ive had loads of people hunting from as far a feild as the ole usa , you should be proud if hees done all the photos of dogs on his own , all the best

yeah hes done all this by himself, lucky for him he inherits my artistic flair ;)

i myself no longer hunt, but a couple of my brothers still do, so he had learned a bit before he got his dog, good prepreation. hes developed a strong bond with storm that has done him well. i think he can go far in this game, if he sticks at it, hes got many years ahead of him and ive been impressed by his start.

ive went pretty far at the ole hunting game , al over the world hunting and had lots of sport made a good few quid , and saw some great dog work on all sorts of qaurry , ive never been and never wanted to choose one qaurry to me if its got fur feather and well scales you can sell it eat it barter with it its game , its abit tighter now than it used to be as people have mobile phones etc , people are more educated to running dogs , peolple ask me the odd occasion what are they i say retired greyhounds , and realy thats how it has to be for me , ive got loads of permiss but well its never enough , and when you have three or four dogs that wan to do it your out dailly vcatching whatever sometimes and its hard every season to get away with it dog knows no boundaries , any way ive been involved with the great game and hopefully ill grow old with it weel see all the best, the lurcher game for young ones in my eyes without expiernced guys to show them all the loopholes is a hard old game if you like chaseingany qaurry and not to fussed were im glad i got a solid grounding in the miners strike and before that educated me to the law etc al the best

Message here for beddiwhippet. Was just reading your post about the hancock dogs on this thread. Couldn't agree more. A dog is what you make it, breeding is very important yes, but time is moreso. I would wager that a badly bred dog with correct time put in will produce a better working dog/dog all round compared to a very well bred dog with no time put in at all.

Its the detail that counts though, and I do not agree with Plummer's theory of "any old greyhound will do" that completely goes against the grain of genetic evoloution to me and I believe it's more like this... Use the best ingredients possible whenever possible, and don't settle for rubbish, because it's convinient and cheap to know a guy round the corner with a lurcher that is average and a free stud, when you could go use a top working dog 80 miles away that you have to pay a stud for. If you want to produce the best, use the best, it's really not rocket science, and it's been the working recipie for many years.

SO what I'm leading to here is if you combine good breeding with good nurturing you will get better results still!

It all adds up. Hancock stuff is in general pretty poor. Not entirely due to bad blood, but the poor things are usually just farmed. The environment the dog grows in is so important. Pups from caring families usually turn out way better mainly due to human contact. Personally the beardie in the equasion has been the main put - off factor for me with the hancock strain. Though his stuff is consistant, that is a fact. World hunter, you will be even more proud when you breed your own stuff and it does better than your first dog, but don't get long in the tooth. Many men will tell you, nothing ever compares to your first lurcher, mainly because of the time that you put into it. Remember, these dogs are a flash in the pan, they don't work forever (in fact they don't work very long at all!)and you have to think about future breedings, so do your homework now.

the ratio I use is 75% good breeding and 25% good training that makes a great dog

What does bemuse me though on this site is, why it is acceptable to have a picture of a lurcher hare coursing, or standing over a dead fox, but put it near a deer or a funny un and its not allowed? All are illegal so what's the differance?

Also...

In the eyes of the law, "they" are quite happy for a ferret to go and maul a rabbit, but you can't do the same to a fox with a terrier? Kill a rat and its o.k. for terriers to tear them in 4 directions, but you can't kill a mouse with a terrier??

Is it favoritism amongst beasts, or is it o.k. to kill stuff with dogs, as long as its written in the law that it's o.k. that is what baffles me all together. This country is screwed, and it makes people criminals, because folks have accidents and there dogs have more accidents. This is exactly the same with badgers.

In the past I have often gone to dig foxes and somebody else is at home, but really what is the differance, it really is insane legislation. You can own a massive dangerous rottweiler, but you can go to prison for owning a friendly little pit bull?? The world is mad :cry:

SCRAP THE BAN, IT CARRIES NO LOGIC!

yeah hes done all this by himself, lucky for him he inherits my artistic flair ;)

i myself no longer hunt, but a couple of my brothers still do, so he had learned a bit before he got his dog, good prepreation. hes developed a strong bond with storm that has done him well. i think he can go far in this game, if he sticks at it, hes got many years ahead of him and ive been impressed by his start.

now the now then,what you up to,wh is my family his dads my brother, i hunt and kill every thing and any thing,the kids doing well at the game and if people dont like it its tuff,i take the piss out of his dog but at the end of the day would have it in my kennels and i dont say that about meny peoples dogs,and have seen one hell of alot of peoples dogs work ,im the first to say kill the fcuker if it shit cus thats how i am never been kennel blind in my life,and cant see the point in keeping crap ,they all cost the same to feed ,got no need to big a dog up as the dog can do that for him self and its still only a pup really so should turn in to a good un ,fluke about time you got another dog ,rew just as :whistling::laugh: catch you later.

i dont think that any body is giving him that a hard a time mate , i think maybe sir storms a bit much ive never met a sir lurcher just plain ole dog etc and being a merle from hanckock plummer etc some people have bad memories of these folk, i have very much and im not kennel blind , its good to see photos o fdogs and vids etc i used to watch them years ago ther was a good one of a guy with a spotty dog and a mouser great vids and well thats life, i dont think he needs his dad uncle to talk for him his dogs doing whats asked thtas enough for any true hunting guy all the best

• 5 weeks later...
Guest world.hunters

Havnt updated in a while but finished for the season now anyways but have had storm tracking a fair bit aswell as the other game.

heres a photo from one of the nights out ill be putting some other put some other photos up when i get them all sorted.

W.h

deer1.jpg

and this is him after tooking into his well deserved meal.

000_1439.jpg