Cocker Spaniels Used For Charles

chrisbullx

I have a springer that I use purely for bushing foxes to my lurcher she's keen as mustard. She has a terrier mentality the first time she got bit she ran a mile. But the second one I caught she was mouth to mouth eversince than she's always at the sharp end. I don't believe all springers are like this I think I am just lucky to have her. However brought on right cockers or springers will definitely hunt fox with a passion. I must say I hunt covers against fences and allotments if you were hunting big forests and covers I would go for more beagle types. Fox pack on here has some lovely cocker beagle types happy hunting all

• Like 4

anyone ever used or seen pure cockers bushing & hunting old reynard??? atb cbx

Ive seen a couple,as spaniels own a very useful nose its not to difficult to accustom them away from feather.Most hunting dogs,of any type or persuasion can be educated to hunt any quarry,at any time.If nothing else was at hand id utilise the Spaniel qualities with any busher,even on Reynard,yet there are far,far better terrier related options that do a better job and serve better purpose,especially if the work on top needs to go below.