Ultimate Saluki Lurcher

After reading topic about a saluki worth hassle I have been lucky to seen Prue salukis work and I would say know one can doubt this breeds ability in the field but I would say I have seen heavy saluki base lurchers offer more then the prue breed in the field so if you guys could cross any dog with a Prue saluki what would it be to give you the ultimate first cross saluki lurcher?

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He didn't he said what would you cross a saluki with to make "the ultimate first cross saluki lurcher". Which would kind of rule out a lurcher to lurcher bred dog.   However one could argue that the

If i had to choose id have a saluki x collie

what about saluki x collie /greyhound / whippet /bull/wheeten / beddy / deerhound / wolfhound / pug ? Lol

He didn't he said what would you cross a saluki with to make "the ultimate first cross saluki lurcher". Which would kind of rule out a lurcher to lurcher bred dog.

However one could argue that the cross you mentioned IS a first cross. . . . . . although not a half cross.

It would be first cross between a saluki and a collie/bull/grey lurcher.

So your answer is 'a lurcher'.

No need to thank me. . . . . . .

• Like 4

He didn't he said what would you cross a saluki with to make "the ultimate first cross saluki lurcher". Which would kind of rule out a lurcher to lurcher bred dog.

However one could argue that the cross you mentioned IS a first cross. . . . . . although not a half cross.

I wouldn't class a lurcher x pure breed as a first cross.

The thread title is "ultimate saluki lurcher". He then proceeded to ask which first cross you would use.

Which raised my question, what makes him think the ultimate saluki lurcher would be a first cross.

• Like 1

I wouldn't class a lurcher x pure breed as a first cross.

The thread title is "ultimate saluki lurcher". He then proceeded to ask which first cross you would use.

Which raised my question, what makes him think the ultimate saluki lurcher would be a first cross.

Fairpoint :thumbs:

I don't like salukis or first crosses. . . . . . so I don't really have an answer.

If i had to choose id have a saluki x collie

Chid. . . . . with that cross, you are either going to get a very interesting useful dog.

Or an absolute twat of an animal, that makes you want to shoot it, you and quite possibly everyone else.

Or a combination of the both.

Speaking as a man who owns a dog with both collie and saluki in her. Somewhere within lies true madness :laugh:

Wales12345 recently described my bitch as a very good worker but an absolute c**t. Which pretty much sums her up.