Well, Its Not Our Fault!

It shouldn't be on anybody's 'head' if all reasonable precautions have been adhered to. Reasonable precautions to prevent intentional abuse of the law should be taken and any incidents that do happen should just be considered shit, not the fault of legislation, not the fault of the gun, not the fault of legitimate gun owners and not the fault of medical or security personnel. Just shit that some people crack and abuse the freedoms they are given at the expense of everybody else.

Comes down to what you define as reasonable. Many would say a complete ban....

• Like 1

You put it to a public vote they will all say ban guns but they don't realise is this is the ONLY country that the police to carry guns in except armed response.amd like you say you have bent coppers selling guns that he has taken off somebody for just having raised voices in the own house with there wife looses them.he sells them on the under standing he was supposed to give the money to who it took them off but kept it,that's how he got caught.but with maxes family it was different the police have him his licences back and caused a major trauma.ive just renewed mine and done the doctors repot that they do for the officer to say we have just stopped that so I could of saved £25 for something that the police no about me anyway.as they get a docs report to start with.but I did that to prove there's nowt wrong with me but I won't be doing it in 5yrs time when its up for renewal.

I agree, I was just pointing out that when, after all these procedures, someone does go and kill their neighbour with an ounce of six, it's on no one's head except that lunatics. No system will ever be infallible and just because their GP signed the form stating that the applicant was fit and healthy, shouldn't place blame on the GP.

I also agree with BGD, the problem with vetting against mental health is that people will hide it, not get treated and then inevitably pop. Whereas had they been allowed to keep their guns and get treatment they wouldn't get to the point of popping because they felt they could get treatment.