the infection

hello folks i was just wondering is it true that if a jill is not mated she will become infected,iv had ferrets most of my life,i have a vasectamated hob and 2 jills at the moment,but i have also kept jills before on there own and never had any problems,be gratefull to hear your thoughts and experiences,cheers :thumbs:

hello folks i was just wondering is it true that if a jill is not mated she will become infected,iv had ferrets most of my life,i have a vasectamated hob and 2 jills at the moment,but i have also kept jills before on there own and never had any problems,be gratefull to hear your thoughts and experiences,cheers :thumbs:

Well if you use your vasectomised hob , you obviously reduce the swelling & theres less of a risk of the jill becoming infected

yes and no,

a ferret will come into season once the daylight times start getting longer, unless she is mated, she will stay in season, years ago ferrets wer'nt looked after as good as they are now, and therefore, being so close to the ground, picked up infections, via the rear end, resulting in death,

nowdays as we take more care of our ferts, its not a done deal that they WILL die, but still could

if a jill is not mated, but kept in a clean enviroment then theres less chance of infection

or

she can be taken to a vet and given a jill jab, to get her out of season

or

pair with a vasectamised hob, will get her out of season, and into a false pregnancy

or mated with an intact hob, and you end up keeping most of the young urn's cos they are so cute :whistling: