First Night Out

been a long time since buck worked with knocking his foot up in early january but my lad arrived tonight on leave from the navy and wanted to go out. took both lads out , one had buck and the eldest lad took my ultra and i lamped.

it was too warm really but lots of cloud cover so we went out about 10 to a local permission.

the first one was a 51 yard shot with the rifle in a horse paddock then we went out into the fields.

busk had 2 runs ( not many bunnies around) and the first just made the fence line . the second was a big old buck that took some skinning. he ran it well and picked it up after a couple of turns.

he's a good dog and not short on his faults but he does the job.

• Like 2

Its nice to get out with the lads my youngest is off to do his prak in 15 days for the paras 3 days of hell so he has been told

lol

nice shot at 51 yards you or your son if it was your son they have better eye site than us that what i say to mine any way :laugh:

and at least the dog got one

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

to get both the lads together is a rare treat and they both enjoy lamping. considering the time off that the dog has had he slipped straight back into it but he's pretty fit and ready for the season. the ultra is mine and i told him to aim half way up it ears. instant lights out.

i'll be trying to give buck more work this season but i have a few issues with him that need sorting.

Im a shooter and most of the dog lads dont like us for some reason but one of my sons has lurchers and runs them quite often he keeps asking me to go with him and his mates

looks like ill have to go and see what its all about

he says its addictive and ill end up with some dogs of my own lol

Im a shooter and most of the dog lads dont like us for some reason but one of my sons has lurchers and runs them quite often he keeps asking me to go with him and his mates

I shoot and work lurcher a but the shooting lads call us scum just like a drugy they say.but after a few harsh words and putting them in there place helps stop a bit of bitching.but yes mate if your lads are doing it correctly you will enjoy it and probably get a little dog in of your own.atb

I shoot and work lurcher a but the shooting lads call us scum just like a drugy they say.but after a few harsh words and putting them in there place helps stop a bit of bitching.but yes mate if your lads are doing it correctly you will enjoy it and probably get a little dog in of your own.atb

Some thing iv not done bud you do what you do and i do what i do im as interested in what the dog lads do as much as i am with shooting

i like to read the posts on what they have been up to and some are very interesting

i hunt my way ,and they hunt theres its still hunting at the end of the day whether its a dog or a rifle