QUOTING POSTS WITH PICS IN THEM

Guest SJM

OK folks I am going to appoint myself Miss Quote Mod :toast: and give youse a handy hint on how to avoid quoting unneccesary bits of quotes when you make a post.

If you just want to reply to what someone has said - hit the REPLY button

If you want to quote part of what they have said, then its easy to do, when you hit the QUOTE button, their quote will come up in your post and there will be tags like this [ and this ] everything inbetween those tags can be edited so if you want to trim down what the person has said, you can cut out all the bits including pics which will usually show up as attatchments with a number beside them, and just keep the bit you want.

If you want to highlight a certain word or phrase someone has said within their quote you can use the B tag in the boxes above where you post to make it bold, the I tag which makes it italics (slanted writing) or the U box which underlines it. You can also use colours to make it stand out.

If you want to quote what someones said within multiple quotes by different people, look for the persons username and trim the quote down til you get to their name, making sure not to delete past the ] otherwise you will end up with a load of babble instead of a nice neat quote

like this

If you want to do multiple quotes, use the quote tags above the posting box they show up as a wee symbol with a speech bubble.

If you arent sure about what youve posted and how it will look, instead of clicking POST REPLY or POST NEW TOPIC, you can click PREVEIW POST and if theres anything you dont like the look of you can edit it, it allows you to see what youve quoted and if its come out right and last but not least if you change your mind you can always draw a line through it like so

I need a drink now after explaining all that

Hope that helps :toast::toast:

OK folks I am going to appoint myself Miss Quote Mod :toast: and give youse a handy hint on how to avoid quoting unneccesary bits of quotes when you make a post.

If you want to quote part of what they have said, then its easy to do, when you hit the QUOTE button, their quote will come up in your post and there will be tags like this [ and this ] everything inbetween those tags can be edited so if you want to trim down what the person has said, you can cut out all the bits including pics which will usually show up as attatchments with a number beside them, and just keep the bit you want.

If you want to highlight a certain word or phrase someone has said within their quote you can use the B tag in the boxes above where you post to make it bold, the I tag which makes it italics (slanted writing) or the U box which underlines it. You can also use colours to make it stand out.

If you want to quote what someones said within multiple quotes by different people, look for the persons username and trim the quote down til you get to their name, making sure not to delete past the ] otherwise you will end up with a load of babble instead of a nice neat quote

like this

If you want to do multiple quotes, use the quote tags above the posting box they show up as a wee symbol with a speech bubble.

If you arent sure about what youve posted and how it will look, instead of clicking POST REPLY or POST NEW TOPIC, you can click PREVEIW POST and if theres anything you dont like the look of you can edit it, it allows you to see what youve quoted and if its come out right and last but not least if you change your mind you can always draw a line through it like so

you will want to be a mod next :tongue2:

like this

you will want to be a mod next :tongue2:

Yes but only so me and Frank can be together :kiss: :kiss: :feck::feck:

like this

what the f**k was that all about ?

Nothing for you to worry about dai dogs, save your brain power, you'll need it for training that husky x greyhound pup when it arrives into the world :laugh::laugh:

dont need to save any of my brain power for training dogs it comes natural . not like some of the young children trying to make a name for themselves.

Molly when you next post, just under the reply box on the right hand side theres a box that says BB code Help, click this and all will be explained ... ;)

I didnt know all of that existed...thanks Ian :good:

mUll MiL MOLL :D