Mole Traps

Wheres the best place to buy mole traps what model should i be looking at??

Found some barrel traps for £2.95 each and scissor traps £2.95 will these just fall to bits?? :hmm:

Or dose anyone have job lot of second hand for sale???

cheers fellas will take a look

hi giro i also buy my traps from the flatpackcompany well made british traps you might also want tolook at this site www.warrenfarm.co.uk they sell a cd.rom on how to set and fine tune aduffus trap they also sell a probe to locate the runs the answer to your question is simply yes! these foriegn traps have weak springs and will not last 5minutes! and badly designed! I am a professional pestie from Sussex and I always buy the best traps !an old saying springs to mind "penny wise pound foolish"You also want to buy the video by Wayne Walton P.O.Box 72 Darlington DL1 9AQ absolutely brilliant my mole trapping has improved tenfold Wayne is on this forum under "molely" P m him for price/packing Ihope this has been some help to you best regards Steve.

PS. almost forgot that Wayne sells mole traps aswell! ;)

Erm, dont want to p anyone off here but i decided to give flatpacks a go as they were cheaper than the genuine article, well made as already mentioned BUT they rust like feck, i have some Duffus over five years old not a speck of rust on them, Flatpacks are not quite a year old and some will be binned over the next month or so. :thumbdown::no:

cheers fellas will take a look

hi giro i also buy my traps from the flatpackcompany well made british traps you might also want tolook at this site www.warrenfarm.co.uk they sell a cd.rom on how to set and fine tune aduffus trap they also sell a probe to locate the runs the answer to your question is simply yes! these foriegn traps have weak springs and will not last 5minutes! and badly designed! I am a professional pestie from Sussex and I always buy the best traps !an old saying springs to mind "penny wise pound foolish"You also want to buy the video by Wayne Walton P.O.Box 72 Darlington DL1 9AQ absolutely brilliant my mole trapping has improved tenfold Wayne is on this forum under "molely" P m him for price/packing Ihope this has been some help to you best regards Steve.

PS. almost forgot that Wayne sells mole traps aswell! ;)

cheers steve :icon_redface:

i don,t use the po box number now as it was taking weeks to get post from the po box to my home address, just pm me if you want any info, :thumbs:

Hi Mole Trapper no you have not p me off I like a good honest /civil discussion I think you have a point if you have a look at thier site they are now protecting thier traps with a product called Delta Protekt 100"zinc plating" they must have had a feed back about thier traps! obviously you work your traps harder than me on average I do 2/3 mole jobs a week in private gardens only! I think that me & the rest of the lads on this site were trying to do was to save Giro wasting his money on buying rubbish traps i:e Big Cheese :whistling: as a matter of intrest where do you buy your traps? :hmm: answers on the back of a postcard please! only joking! best regards Steve :drink:

Hi stephen 58,

It would be fair to say my traps see a bit of use and abuse, this week more abuse, one of the school fields i was trapping got mowed with some serious machinery, even the genuine article can not withstand this, so the school got a bigger bill than quoted. Buy my traps direct from the manafacturer, they come in boxes of 50 and multiples there of, they will not sell you less than a box at a time. Generally buy a couple of boxes a year around this time when it starts to get really manic and the cash flow situation looks a bit healthier. :big_boss::)

Went to look at moles today hundreads of mole hills like over two hundread how many traps will i need??

I have none at present..

you will probly need a lot of traps, but you may get a way with using 20, but it will take longer to clear.

first thing is go and spend an hour or two kicking all the hills over. then go back in 3 or 4 days and trap the new freshest hils

Went to look at moles today hundreads of mole hills like over two hundread how many traps will i need??

I have none at present..

you will probly need a lot of traps, but you may get a way with using 20, but it will take longer to clear.

first thing is go and spend an hour or two kicking all the hills over. then go back in 3 or 4 days and trap the new freshest hils

one big mess of mole hills.. :doh: kinda thinking i might have my work cut right out :wallbash:

don,t give up before you start , if you only get a few traps , start at one side and work you way round, just cos there are loads of hills don,t mean there are loads of moles , its all down to how much food is available

You have not said whether the two hundred mole hills are in the same field or not, if they are then it is probably not as bad as it looks, if you do not want to spend to much then just buy 6 traps, 8 would be better, when you have bought them and boiled off any smell and adjusted the trigger catch so that you no longer need a land rover with a tow rope to set them off go to the affected area and imagine splitting it up into 6/8 blocks, find a suitable run in each area and set a trap in it, if you have done it well if after four days you are no longer catching look for any areas that have fresh mole hills, reset your traps in these areas, like i said if you have done it right you should be finished in a week and a half.

If one of us off here who do it for a living came in it would be cleared in about4/5 days tops providing the weather did not suddenly change dramaticaly from what it was at the start of the job.

All the best with it MT.

PS, my guess is you will catch seven moles. :whistling:8)