Getting My Shotgun Licence

Application. Sent mine in 2 weeks ago, similar reasons for refusal as OP. Waiting to hear

as it stands mine is about 5 months at the moment . I was the OP and i sent my form off early july . For me its been about 12 weeks since the FAO came around and he seemed content with my criminal record as it was 10 years ago. He came into my house which had the kids in the lounge . Mrs milling around and the dogs around so hopefully he could see that i have grown up from 10 years ago . Might give them a ring this week just to see if the paperwork has been lost

I have burglary and theft from 15 years ago. 1 drunk night and a smashed shop window. Was going to apply for FAC and shotgun at same time, but was advised to try shotgun first and try for FAC a year or 2 later

Long wait I think

Edited by lllluke1

I have burglary and theft from 15 years ago. 1 drunk night and a smashed shop window. Was going to apply for FAC and shotgun at same time, but was advised to try shotgun first and try for FAC a year or 2 later

Long wait I think

Ye looks like it. Hopefully a 1 time thing tho

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting . phoned last Monday and the bloke said it shouldn't take this long and he would phone me soon and leave a answer phone msg with what's going on. Heard nothing so I phoned today and the lady said my certificate was printed and was on the managers deal waiting to be signed . said it would be posted or maybe hand delivered depending on what they wanted to do. Couldn't give a timeframe tho. Seems a lifetime ago I sent the form away

Similar thing happened with me mate, Although I never actually went to court or even got arrested for the what happend but I had an incident where I threatened someone (not with my shotgun) and I had an armed response team to my mums house where I was living at the time, I then had my SGC withdrawn until I joined the Army then it was reinstated.

I know how you feel though because when the FAO from Durham Constabulary came to my home he brought it up straight away. He explained to me the two main things that make it difficult for people to receive there SGC is domestic violence and a criminal record.

On a more positive note, I got my SGC within 4 weeks start to finish so fingers cross you get the same outcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Got myself 2 shotguns this week thanks to SportingShooter on here. Guns look in great shape and he even knocked a but off the price for me . took them for a few shots at my friends nans farm. Will have to get used to the recoil with shotguns but really can't wait to get out and about with them. Been out and got cartridges and caps and hopefully go out for a few hours wandering Sunday. As luck will have it I've got myself 5 acres of permission this week and when speaking to the bloke he said his mum and dad has a couple of hundred acres i can shoot on as nobody has been on it since his brother died. He's also told me to talk to another farmer round here who he reckons won't mind me shooting so long as I don't mind him tagging on. Apparently it's teeming with rabbits . All this from taking to the forklift driver at the builders merchant when we stop off for supplies. Never mentioned myself hunting to him until this week , I knew he had land because I've shot over his hedge before so didn't want to allert him to my presence until I got my license . been a good week