Alright Lads

Sold my BSA Lightning 22 last year but I have the bug again to get out and get a few bunnies :)

Been doing a bit of reasearch and from what I can gather the HW100 is the dogs danglers?

Are there guns just as good for less money or should I save and get the HW100?

Reading other threads I think I will be better off getting a tank rather than a pump?

Ideally i wouldnt m ind getting a second hand gun with scopes etc if something turns up at the right price or would I be better buying new?

Cheers

Edited by ferretman89

Alright man.

Yes it is.

Its perhaps the best for the money. If that makes sense. However, most 450+ PCPs will bang out the same hole all day.

They are good. The loading system is the best out there I personally think. Its been well thought out and engineered. They are surgical. Mine is. Some have problems, but all models do irrelevent of brand, mainly just a wipe of the barrel from what Ive seen and heard.

It would be all the rifle you need. But dont just go that way without looking at the other possibilities, there are some sweet PCP set ups out there and if you have a 'more than usual' budget, your in what is a superb position. New... secondhand... hmmm, its another debate perhaps.

On a plus side, mine might be up for sale in the near future depending on how I get on with my RAW.

What RAW did you get Rez ?

I agree the HW100 is worth saving for. My mate is selling a .22 with A&M cylinder der at the min with 3 mags

HM1000 mate. Not got it yet, deposit put down. Should be sound from what I've heard, but naturally won't need two pcp's of the same standard, so to speak.

Rez , the RAW will not do any more than the HW100 ,apart from taking more money out of your pocket !!

Not expecting it too mate, as long as it's as good. Perhaps prefer the look of it maybe. Fancy a change, that's all. Not decided on cal yet though, thinking .20... But .22 is appealing, that would mean I keep the 100 :)

• Like 1

It's a thought though, why would I need two precision Pcp's? If I got a 22 HM1000, why would it be any worse than a 177 100... Or the other way round... The calibere shouldn't be the issue. I don't know why but I am really drawn to a 177 model HM, but don't need another 177.

It's the ease of taking game perhaps, I'm unsure what it is in my mind. I want a 22 but something is holding me back. Hence the 20 thinking but then again it's more cash on the pellet side of things. I just don't know at the moment.

• Like 1

people say with .20 you need to use a light pellet ,something like 11.5 gr @ 660 fps but with a heavy pellet like JSB in .177 10.3gr @ 714fps and a .22 light pellet 13.3gr @ 625fps , I just cant see any advantage of a .20 IMO

That's all personal preference mate. If you can consistently hit the target you aim at then either will do the job

Both calibers are as accurate as the other but .22 has a more pronounced loop to its trajectory so some people say .177 is easier to shoot accurately but one is no more accurate than the other IMO

• Like 1